Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry camping yesterday!

Thanks to Texasgramma/Suzie for the link to these!

Posted Image Posted Image

Jan Mumford who works at a KOA Kampground in Arkansas has posted some great pics of Gerry who was camping there this weekend, on Facebook

We have asked permission to host them on GALS

The photos are now in the Gallery

And sadly, his bike broke down when he got to Benton, outside of Little Rock. He and Freddie ended up staying at the Days Inn and are now waiting to get the bike fixed. A guy saw them stopped on the side of the road broken down, and his daughter posted EVERYTHING on FB. :lol: No pics, though. She apparently texted a pic to a friend who said it was a great photo, but the daughter hasn't put it on her FB yet.

Poor guy! But luckily another biker drove by who was able to help. I hope Gerry and Freddie get back on the road today.

As for those pics, the one with him smiling with his arm around her .... his belt was waaaaaay pulled tight! To the last notch it looks like! :unsure: He's so thin. I just hope he puts some weight back on now that filming is done. I miss his beefiness.

Edited by phoenixgirl

And sadly, his bike broke down when he got to Benton, outside of Little Rock. He and Freddie ended up staying at the Days Inn and are now waiting to get the bike fixed. A guy saw them stopped on the side of the road broken down, and his daughter posted EVERYTHING on FB. :lol: No pics, though. She apparently texted a pic to a friend who said it was a great photo, but the daughter hasn't put it on her FB yet.

Poor guy! But luckily another biker drove by who was able to help. I hope Gerry and Freddie get back on the road today.

As for those pics, the one with him smiling with his arm around her .... his belt was waaaaaay pulled tight! To the last notch it looks like! :unsure: He's so thin. I just hope he puts some weight back on now that filming is done. I miss his beefiness.

He has to stay ripped for Mavericks. When does he start filming again?

I can't imagine him being broken down. What a bumber. With his cell phone ever present you would think he would have

had help within minutes. Doesn't he have AAA? Someone tell him about AAA please. I can't stand the thought of him

stranded somewhere at the mercy of the world. Anything could happen. Love his innocense to think he can just

bike around anywhere and be safe. Doesn't he know this isn't Scotland.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I'm so glad Gerry's out enjoying himself w/ a buddy. He puts in a lot of hours during filming & I'm sure it's a major adjustment returning to non-filming life, where someone's not telling you where to be nearly every minute of the day. Hopefully, the issues w/ the bike are resolved quickly & they can get back on the road & enjoy a safe journey, wherever it may take them.

I will comment that although Gerry has been looking particularly good lately, partly due to his gorgeous hair :) , he is definitely very slim right now. He also seems very fit, which I can understand, especially for this role of of former professional athlete. I just want him to be comfortable w/ himself, whether it's his current size or a little beefier, as Lisa says. I think he looks fantastic, regardless.

Ren

I love camping and I can just imagine what it would be like to be strolling around the campground one evening after dinner, the smell of the camp fires burning all around wafting through the air and pass Gerry walking along with a coke can in his hand and say, "Good evening" before you realize who it was!

I love Gerry's spirit of adventure and how he feels at home with the common folk. That says so much about him as a person and the sweet soul that he is.

Hope he's enjoying the Ozark Mountains. It's one my very favorite places in the world and where my family is from and most of them still live! There's a lot of Scottish ancestry and history down in those hills.

Hope his bike gets fixed OK so he can continue on his journey without trouble. What's even more amusing is Gerry staying at a Days Inn! Quite a change from the accommodations he's used to I'm sure!

Note to Gerry: "Gerry, if you encounter a cougar (mountain lion and they will stalk you along a trail or road) and I mean the feline variety, the best thing to do is to remove and drop your clothing as you run! The cat will be attracted to your scent in the trail of clothes and become distracted. The only trouble is, you'll then be running naked through the Ozark hills! This may also work with the human variety as well, :D " :faint:

Gawd, why didn't I spend Memorial Day at my cuz's! :doh:

Delene

It's cool that he's such a "down to earth" kind of guy. I feel sorry for him having to hole up at the Days Inn, though. The walls are paper thin, so it's hard to get any sleep there. Gotta say that gorgeous man on that motorcycle makes my poor heart race!

Hugs,

B

I'm so glad Gerry's out enjoying himself w/ a buddy. He puts in a lot of hours during filming & I'm sure it's a major adjustment returning to non-filming life, where someone's not telling you where to be nearly every minute of the day. Hopefully, the issues w/ the bike are resolved quickly & they can get back on the road & enjoy a safe journey, wherever it may take them.

I will comment that although Gerry has been looking particularly good lately, partly due to his gorgeous hair :) , he is definitely very slim right now. He also seems very fit, which I can understand, especially for this role of of former professional athlete. I just want him to be comfortable w/ himself, whether it's his current size or a little beefier, as Lisa says. I think he looks fantastic, regardless.

Ren

I realize that sounded very critical, but he even seems to have gotten thinner in the past month than he did before. That belt really made me go "wow". But OF COURSE he looks absolutely gorgeous!! His hair is amazing, and I really hope he keeps it for as long as he can.

I hope they have the BEST time riding to NYC, see a bunch of things Gerry has never seen before (Freddie too maybe) but stay safe above everything else. :wuv:

Sandy: They're supposed to start filming Mavericks sometime in September, I believe.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I guess he could've gone back to the KOA and pitched his tent! That would have probably been better then the Days Inn! The last one I stayed at many years ago, they handed me my room key and a bar of soap through a little trap door underneath wrought iron bars! :unsure:

Hope he's keeping a trip log. Wonder how many times he's had to yell "This....is....SPARTA!" so far? :spit:

Delene

I guess he could've gone back to the KOA and pitched his tent! That would have probably been better then the Days Inn! The last one I stayed at many years ago, they handed me my room key and a bar of soap through a little trap door underneath wrought iron bars! :unsure:

Hope he's keeping a trip log. Wonder how many times he's had to yell "This....is....SPARTA!" so far? :spit:

Delene

:lol: I hope no one asks him to do that anymore. Like he said in Rio, he's not a performing monkey.

I recently stayed in a Days Inn and it was fine. Very nice, clean. They didn't make my bed, though, cause I left my suitcase on it. So at least they're honest and wouldn't touch my personal things. :)

I hope he and Freddie have their cameras. What a great photo journal that would make. Gerry's Big Adventures! :D

Thank you so much for finding these, I had no idea he was into camping. Can't think of many celebs who would opt for it these days. I went camping in Wales, despite the beautiful setting we erected the tent on an anthill, worst night of my life............. *itchy*

XXstephanieXX

:kiss:

Thanks to Texasgramma/Suzie for the link to these!

Posted Image Posted Image

Jan Mumford who works at a KOA Kampground in Arkansas has posted some great pics of Gerry who was camping there this weekend, on Facebook

We have asked permission to host them on GALS

The photos are now in the Gallery

I've been waiting for a Gerry sighting for too long now - thank you so much for finding and posting these! I love these little insights we get into the life of a "star" who behaves like anything but. Camping at KOA? How much more down-to earth can one get? What I wouldn't give to get stuck with this man in a sleeping bag with a (ahem) broken zipper.

The poor baby looks kind of tired though, dont'cha think? Maybe I could just lull him to sleep with a nice relaxing backrub instead. Posted Image

It's wonderful when Gerry gets time to just relax and be a GUY. I imagine those opportunities are few and far between. Betcha a nickle the whole bike trip was his idea, it's just so Gerry!

I really appreciate JAN for allowing us to post her pictures. It was really special of her to share the fun with us. Hopefully we can convince her to join the FANmily! I think I'm going to apply for a summer job at a local KOA - you never know who might be dropping by!

Suzie

I just realized that my favorite of her pics is not in the gallery. It's the one where he's smiling. :)

If you don't look closely, it looks like one already there where he's NOT smiling.

Ren

Ren

I realize that sounded very critical, but he even seems to have gotten thinner in the past month than he did before. That belt really made me go "wow". But OF COURSE he looks absolutely gorgeous!! His hair is amazing, and I really hope he keeps it for as long as he can.

How do yu know he is going to NYC. From LA to AR looks like he may be heading to LA, CA. If you know for

sure which way he is headed, let me know if he plans to come thru NC. That would be wonderful, except I don't

know of any campgrounds around here. Do you know whether they pitched a tent or rented a motor home?

This is so exciting. I stayed at a campground in Myrtle Beach once in a motorhome. It was so amazing. The

campers are wonderful and the smell of everything cooking at mealtime is extraordinary, especially breakfast,

WOW. I wish I could do that again. It was wonderful.

Thanks for the Sept. date Lisa. That gives him some free time. BUT, he has a lot of promoting to do with

Coriolanus and MGP coming up in the next few months. He is probably going to be very, very busy, as usual.

I hope he keeps his working schedule so he has some time to enjoy life while he is still young enough to.

Age creeps up so fast. It's a hard decision to make to take a little time for yourself. I never could as long as

I was able to work it seemed I had to 60 hours a week most of my life. Now health issues prevents me from

doing anything I love to do. As much as I love seeing him on screen, I hope he does take some time to

be happy and enjoy his youth.

I hope we have many more sitings on his trip. These are so exciting to see him

having fun.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I hope they have the BEST time riding to NYC, see a bunch of things Gerry has never seen before (Freddie too maybe) but stay safe above everything else. :wuv:

Sandy: They're supposed to start filming Mavericks sometime in September, I believe.

Lisa

Edited by shirsan

I just realized that my favorite of her pics is not in the gallery. It's the one where he's smiling. :)

If you don't look closely, it looks like one already there where he's NOT smiling.

Ren

http://www.facebook....&type=1&theater

Posted Image

:ty: Ren!

What's up with me :bonk: forgetting to add that one? :doh:

By the way, this might be a long shot, but sometime this month, at least in NH there's going to be a 'Bike Week'. Any chance of Gerry going to something like that or even hearing about it? I know it's highly unlikely, but can't blame me for dreaming...Posted Image