Gerard Butler GALS

TIFF 2011 - Luncheon Meet

if any of you gals are coming to TIFF this year, should try and meet up for a lunchen there are two places that we have meet at before

one is Mr. Greenjeans at the Toronto eaton centre and The Duke of York.

so, maybe a list of who's coming can be posted here that way of finding out how many are coming.

does that sound like a plan ?:partytime:

Archie's Ocean Gal

:Welcome2: Megg!

I saw your post in the Updates, and thought it would be best to split it into it's own Thread to attract more attention. :D

There may be a few of the GALS attending so it would be lovely to have you meet up.

Wish I could go, but can't...so I'll live vicariously through those of you who do attend. :D

Posted Image to GALS Megg! I sure wish I could be at that luncheon because it would mean I was at TIFF! Unfortunately, this isn't the year for me to attend...to much else going on in my life.

But for all you GALS (and of course PALS) who do get to go.....have a wonderful time!

hugs,

Sue

if any of you gals are coming to TIFF this year, should try and meet up for a lunchen there are two places that we have meet at before

one is Mr. Greenjeans at the Toronto eaton centre and The Duke of York.

so, maybe a list of who's coming can be posted here that way of finding out how many are coming.

does that sound like a plan ?:partytime:

Archie's Ocean Gal

Hey new Gal, Meg: I live in Toronto but will be working throughout the festival until 6:00pm. Were you thinking of lunch or dinner? I'll be there with bells on if I can. I've never been to either place you suggested before but I'm game if it means finally meeting the GALS!!! Posted Image

I'll be there with my husband from Sept. 12 through Sept. 18. We're huge movie buffs and have already ordered a ticket package to catch as many as we can. Hopefully Gerry's time there will overlap with ours and we're always up for a meeting with Gerry's other fans, of course. :wave:

Sue

Hi Sue. Thanks for posting that you will be attending TIFF this year :) If you can please also check out our Facebook event page. I will be there for sure and I am just patiently waiting now for the dates to be announced and also to hopefully see trailers for the 2 movies asap !!

Stuart

I'll be there with my husband from Sept. 12 through Sept. 18. We're huge movie buffs and have already ordered a ticket package to catch as many as we can. Hopefully Gerry's time there will overlap with ours and we're always up for a meeting with Gerry's other fans, of course. :wave:

Sue

Hey megg!

It's Robin...duh. I think I did put my name in for the luncheon on the Facebook page. I would like to go, if it's within a few days of one of Gerry's movies.

It's going to be hard to get time of from work because I'm supposed to give 3 weeks notice. So, I don't know how that will affect the dates of Gerry's movies and when the luncheon is scheduled.

I think I may only be able to get 3 or 4 days off because I don't have a lot of vacation time left. Actually, I'm trying DESPARATLY to get another job. I've been at this place from almost 7 years. It was so fun and new to me for the first 2 1/2 years. Now the last 2 1/2 have been HORRIBLE. They're treating all of their employees badly. It's a big, well-known retail business that should have better standards than that. But they're making big changes and down-sizing, etc., etc. I hope to get out in a few months.

I guess that's one of the reasons why I want so badly to make this trip. I want to see somewhere I've never been too. And, especially see Gerry People and the first screenings of his new movies. Of course, you know what the 'icing on the cake' would be. HOWEVER, I know that cannot ever be a given. I JUST WANNA HAVE SOME FUN!

If any of you can give me any help on reasonable airfares, accomodations, etc.; I would be so grateful.

I look forward to talking more with you, megg!

P.S. scotsmanstuart I tried to confirm your friend request on Facebook, but I'm not sure it took it.

Robin Iris

LuvYaGerry! :wuv:

Edited by Robin Iris

Hey megg!

It's Robin...duh. I think I did put my name in for the luncheon on the Facebook page. I would like to go, if it's within a few days of one of Gerry's movies.

It's going to be hard to get time of from work because I'm supposed to give 3 weeks notice. So, I don't know how that will affect the dates of Gerry's movies and when the luncheon is scheduled.

I think I may only be able to get 3 or 4 days off because I don't have a lot of vacation time left. Actually, I'm trying DESPARATLY to get another job. I've been at this place from almost 7 years. It was so fun and new to me for the first 2 1/2 years. Now the last 2 1/2 have been HORRIBLE. They're treating all of their employees badly. It's a big, well-known retail business that should have better standards than that. But they're making big changes and down-sizing, etc., etc. I hope to get out in a few months.

I guess that's one of the reasons why I want so badly to make this trip. I want to see somewhere I've never been too. And, especially see Gerry People and the first screenings of his new movies. Of course, you know what the 'icing on the cake' would be. HOWEVER, I know that cannot ever be a given. I JUST WANNA HAVE SOME FUN!

If any of you can give me any help on reasonable airfares, accomodations, etc.; I would be so grateful.

P.S. scotsmanstuart I tried to confirm your friend request on Facebook, but I'm not sure it took it.

Robin Iris

hi robin,

there are two hotels near events, one is the Delta Chelsea hotel near the events.

and there is a subway close by too.

that one starts at $116.00 per night (canadian)

the other one is : Dundas Square Hotel right in the heart of most things (shopping) resturants.

there starting price is : $65.00 per night and there is a shuttle that takes u to the airport.

u can also type in Toronto hotels to see what suits u better.

some of the ladies have stayed at the Chelsea in a few times. or stay at the Marriott hotel in the city too.

hope that helps u a bit.

Megg

Hey megg!

Robin Iris

hi robin,

there are two hotels near events, one is the Delta Chelsea hotel near the events.

and there is a subway close by too.

that one starts at $116.00 per night (canadian)

the other one is : Dundas Square Hotel right in the heart of most things (shopping) resturants.

there starting price is : $65.00 per night and there is a shuttle that takes u to the airport.

u can also type in Toronto hotels to see what suits u better.

some of the ladies have stayed at the Chelsea in a few times. or stay at the Marriott hotel in the city too.

hope that helps u a bit.

Megg

hi again,

as for flights depends where u are coming from. if the states i've flown american airlines / do u have westjet there?

best is to type in flights to toronto asap and get the best deal .

wish i could help more.

Megg

didn't see your name on fb page yet for coming. try again ok?

that way i can leave u my information as to phone # and e-mail addie

Hey megg!

You have helped IMMENSELY! You've given me a starting point as far as hotels.

I called the ticket office at TIFF and I guess when tickets go on sale on September 3rd, I'll have to get up by 4 am...ugh, to order. I live on the west coast in Oregon; so, that's a 3 hr time difference from the east coast. But, I'll do whatever it takes to get a ticket. I've pretty much made up my mind I'm going, even though I'll have to go alone. I can't seem to get hold of people I know out here to go with. That's why I'm hoping I'll get to meet Gerry people, and hopefully you, when I get there.

Thanks sooooo much for your input! :woo:

Robin Iris

Edited by Robin Iris

Do they show films more than once at TIFF? Gala Premieres are very expensive and most fans would just want to be at the red carpet anyway. I'd like to actually see the movie there if possible but not break the bank. Just wondering. :unsure:

Hi there,

Yes I believe that TIFF does show the movies more than once but we will have to wait until the full programme is released on the 23rd August !. So is anyone else thinking of coming to Toronto? If so please post here.

cheers. Stuart

Do they show films more than once at TIFF? Gala Premieres are very expensive and most fans would just want to be at the red carpet anyway. I'd like to actually see the movie there if possible but not break the bank. Just wondering. :unsure:

I've got confirmed tickets from my flex pass to see "MGP" on Friday, Sept. 16. Yay! But not for the morning showing of "Coriolanus" on Sept. 17. Wonder what's up with that? :unsure:

Still gonna call for premiere tickets to "Coriolanus" on Sept. 12 but we'll see. Otherwise, I guess I'll be on the red carpet rope line. :)