Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Celtic shirt up for auction

Not sure if this has been posted but Gerry's shirt is up for auction

http://www.celticcharityfund.org.uk/auctions/auctionindex

Moira

Thanks, Moira! That's already too rich for my wallet!

Suzie

YIKES!! A month's worth of groceries for a family of 4! :lol:

Quote below from link

Gerard Butler - Fancy getting your hands on an incredibly unique piece of memorabilia?

Celtic Charity Fund is now hosting an online auction of signed shirts from the Battle of the Legends match on 9th August. Each player taking part on the night has signed their shirt and supporters now have the chance to bid to win these once-in-a-lifetime items.

All funds raised will be collated by Celtic Charity Fund and donated to Oxfam's East Africa Appeal.

The area is facing the worst food crisis seen anywhere in the world for many years and almost 12 million people desperately need our help without delay.

Gerard Butler - Signed Celtic Legends shirt5£2503 Day(s) 1:34:48

Not sure if this has been posted but Gerry's shirt is up for auction

http://www.celticcharityfund.org.uk/auctions/auctionindex

Moira

Thanks, Moira! That's already too rich for my wallet!

Suzie

Same here! :tissues:

Did they wash it??? What's the point if His scent is no on it. Really.:p

:funnyup: They always wash clothes when they're auctioned off, but just knowing that Gerry wore it is.....:swoon:

He has become way to popular for me to ever afford anything again.

The biding starts and within 3 minutes I can't afford anything.

I'm so glad tho, you know it has to make him feel really great that

his shirt is already worth more than 100 times anyone else's, and this

isn't even his profession.

I'm so proud of his fame and popularity. He so deserves every accolade

ever given to him. He has worked so hard to be where he is.

Love him absolutely.

Sandy

Then they should auction off his Calvin Kline's!! Just the idea that Gerry wore THOSE!!! :faint:

That's a great idea! And they'd be worth even more if they left the skid marks! :spit:

Delene

:cunning:

Would love to have that shirt...it was beautifully done. But it's out of my reach, I'll just remain satisfied with the pants of his I have from Gamer...they're fabulous. And, yes, they have been washed, but that really doesn't matter. Oh! And Sue has the matching shirt from the movie. We are "Sisters of the Gamer Garments" from the convention this year...so FUN! And for a great cause as well!

When I discovered his shirt was being auctioned, I logged in and was ready to bid but... all of a sudden the value went from 250 to more than 1.000 libras. And keeps increasing... but whatever the price it reaches I think it´s worth, this is a noble cause, and our GB is a nobel man! Still I can´t help dreaming of owning it! Dreams don´t cost a thing, and are heart-made.

To whoever wins it: WELL DONE!

And, as a collector myself, I´m favourable about washing it: it increases the value and the durability of a collectible. It would be disgusting to go to a museum and see a rotten canvas paiting, don´t you think? GB is a pop icon, items related to him need good care!

:cunning:

Would love to have that shirt...it was beautifully done. But it's out of my reach, I'll just remain satisfied with the pants of his I have from Gamer...they're fabulous. And, yes, they have been washed, but that really doesn't matter. Oh! And Sue has the matching shirt from the movie. We are "Sisters of the Gamer Garments" from the convention this year...so FUN! And for a great cause as well!

WOAH WOAH WOAH you have Gamer pants? :(

I am gutted. Gamer is my favourite Gerry movie... Don't mind me going to have a little cry in the corner. lol.

Lucky devil you!

xxStephaniexx

:kiss:

Then they should auction off his Calvin Kline's!! Just the idea that Gerry wore THOSE!!! :faint:

That's a great idea! And they'd be worth even more if they left the skid marks! :spit:

Delene

Oh, Hey!! No skid marks on mine, please...TMI just TMI. :unsure:

Nordic Girl I did see a tweet from Celtic Bhuoys that said Gerry bid £20,000 on the shirt he wore at the game. If true there may have been a separate auction from the public one going on and Gerry is very generous. I had this confirmed from Celtic Charity Fund.

The players had 2 shirts in the dressing room to wear (one for each half if they fancied) - we took this precaution as we had a feeling they might swap one of them at full-time!

I have no idea if Gerry only wore one shirt throughout the whole game and just signed his spare for the public auction or actually did wear both. This may be a stupid question to those of you who have bid on items of Gerry's clothing before but when supposed "worn by" stuff is auctioned off do they launder the stuff first??. Just curious to know whether Celtic will send all the shirts as is.

Moira

The items I have bid on in Las Vegas and the Alex Rover shirt I got from the studio have all been laundered. (My shirt was donated to GALS as part of the Mandoll raffle for Scotty). I can't speak about the jeans Deb got from PS: I Love You, you'd have to ask her about those. It's wonderful that Gerry bid so much for his shirt. I'll bet he treasures it! I too wonder what Celtic will do about washing it before Gerry gets his, but I should think if it was all wet and sweaty, it could rot before it gets to him! LOL!

Suzie

I'd like to think he wore both on each half so it's a win win for both him and the person who wins the public auction. I too wondered if it would automatically be laundered before despatch as I expect it would be quite filthy. I expect some would want as is :rotflmao: but might not get the chance.

Moira, I have one of Gerry's shirts from The Ugly Truth. I won it at the convention in June. Anyway, it appears to have been laundered, but just knowing it was worn by Gerry on screen is enough for me! :pointy:

Well done Kris it was indeed well deserved. Sorry to have to make you pay £1200/$2000 for it though :rotflmao: but it is for a good cause and we know it's going to a good home.

I was killing myself laughing as there were 80 bids but only about 4 bidders in total. Most were in my name as it comes up automatic bid if a bidder does not outbid you. I was glad to see the King Henrik Larsson got £1200 too it would've been so wrong otherwise :lmao:

Moira

Congrats to Kris! Sorry you were outbid Moira. I was watching the bidding and almost went for it myself :doh:

Glad the charity raised so much money and for a wonderful cause!

Hugs,

Cheryl