Gerard Butler GALS

East Coast Midatlantic GALS check in.

Missed it in my corner of SW Connecticut, but my hubs works at One Penn Plaza building in New York City...

His office is on the 56th floor, and the building bounced up and down instead of the usual sway experienced on high-wind days

and the building was evacuated for about an hour.

WCBS Radio reports that all is okay now and Mayor Bloomberg was pretty nonchalant about it, and all tunnels, bridges, roadways and transportation is a go, although there were some airport 'holds' earlier.

Hope the Virginia GALS check in!

We felt it too here in Delaware. They say it was a 1 or 2 but the house shook! I was babysitting my 16 month old granddaughter--had just put her down for a nap--sat down to get on GALS and my desk chair started vibrating! I looked and the blinds in the 3 windows in that room were shaking just a bit too. Lasted maybe 30 seconds. Felt a bit queasy. The baby woke and started crying so I grabbed her and went downstairs. We didn't go back upstairs for a while. My hubby at home felt it too in the garage.

We are fine now. No damages.

Hugs and thanks for checking.

Diane

I hope everyone is alright. Living in CA we are a wee bit more used to the earth rock and rolling than you are....but it is always scary.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Felt it here in Southern New Jersey. My ceiling light fixtures did some swaying - didn't last long - I think so far no damage. Haven't look outside yet - am I chicken?

Barbara

I felt it all right! The sofa was trembling, the light fixtures swayed a bit. I thought my house was collapsing and panicked for 5 minutes, thank God it was brief and minor, very scary. Glad everyone is fine :)

I also wanted to thank Dayna for her email reminding me it's my 3rd GB Gals anniversary XOXO

CRUELTY FREE COSMETICS

I felt it all right! The sofa was trembling, the light fixtures swayed a bit. I thought my house was collapsing and panicked for 5 minutes, thank God it was brief and minor, very scary. Glad everyone is fine :)

I also wanted to thank Dayna for her email reminding me it's my 3rd GB Gals anniversary XOXO

CRUELTY FREE COSMETICS

Glad you're OK and Congrats on your 3rd GALSAVERSARY!!

Suzie

We felt it at intensity 5 in Raleigh, NC. It was neat; I've always wanted to be in an earthquake! At first I thought my Dad was jumping up and down on the stairs. :lol:

Steph

Steph,

I've always said you were a little crazy - now I'm sure. Enjoying an earthquake (shaking my head)....Hey, I have an idea...Wanna come on up the highway for a hurricane party?

I joke....Please GALfriend take care. I know you're gonna get pounded tonight and my area is right behind you (we expect the first bands some time around dawn)...

BE SAFE, Crazy Lady!

OK, all you GALs in the path of the Scarycane - PLEASE be safe and do what the emergency folks tell you. Don't take any chances with your safety! Fill your bathtubs with water so you will have it for emergencies and keep the extra batteries handy.

Be sure to check in when the storm passes so we will know you are OK and this old Gramma can quit being worried about you!

Prayers being sent for all of you,

Suzie

:wave:

just the rain and winds will definitely kill our power supply - hopefully we won't sustain home damage (we had over $10,000 worth of trees removed about 3 years ago from around our home, after a bad ice storm)

But am laying in 'supplies' and prepping, as we don't have a generator!

My husband is excited about the prospect of eating Dinty Moore stew from a can LOL!

Anyway, I baked lots of corn muffins, a pound cake with chocolate chips, and have my sterno and food supplies ready,

the emergency kits, lanterns, etc and water for 4 for up to 3 days...after that we're outta luck! Longest we were ever w/o

power -5 days! and most of the town and surrounding areas were out too, so no restaurants/stores were open,

and the longest we were unable to leave our property due to downed trees across driveway and roadway was 3 days!

But I'd rather have this than an earthquake, flood or tornado-

as long as we don't have any financial hardships/home damage then I will be looking at it as an 'adventure' rather than a horror

Got the emergency rations, water, etc...my husband is most excited about the "Dinty Moore Beef Stew" rations! :lol:

Praying that it isn't as bad as expected for all involved. :grouphug:

Please remember to check in gals!

We're ready here! Got water, roasted some chickens, made a huge cheesecake and blueberry muffins, plenty of water and also my B-I-L has a small generator so we should be OKAY! This will be easier for me anyway.....I'm used to living on bread and water! Stay safe Galfriends!!!!

:wave: Frannie

I'm surprised the internet didn't go out yet although the storm is supposed to hit hard midnight until late Sunday night. I'm really freaked as the rains and heavy winds already started! This morning all the shelves were emptied of batteries, food and milk! Scavengers, seriously? Leave some for the rest of us. Thank God I have a pantry stocked with pasta just in case. LOL!

This is how I'm coping with my rattled nerves...

http://project-lucania.blogspot.com/

MY EMERGENCY HURRICANE SURVIVAL KIT

All kidding aside, I hope everyone is safe, the storm moves on quickly and without too much or any damage to our homes.XOXO

Well, I guess it's easy to be blazé now that the storm has passed and wasn't bad in my area, but hurricanes are another thing that don't scare me. We had a direct hit by a Category 3 here in Raleigh in 1996. Call me crazy (again Cat!), but I found it fun rather than scary. The less fun part was the 2 weeks without power when we had to work to clear the 20 trees that fell down in our yard. LOL.

I was hoping for a bit more from Irene. We only lost power for like an hour. *Sigh*

Steph

Steph, glad you've reported in and are safe and sound. :wave:

Barbara (lugerry) and Diane (Shamrocked) have posted in the Support Center, and they are also safe and no serious damage to hearth and home.

I hope others will report in soon . . .

I pray for all the people who have been flooded out of their homes or have no power. . . at this time. The long, clean up process is just beginning. I think God for all the volunteers from around the US that will be converging on this area to help, especially the utiltiy workers that come in to support their comrades. It will a long, hard struggle to get power on and services restore, but they have never failed to give their all. God Bless them!

Linda

Edited by givemeabeach