Gerard Butler GALS

MGP - Movie Theater listings and relase dates

becozy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know when they updated the Official Site, but it's been since 12am. The bigger roll-out was still listed as of last night. :tantrum: Bastids...

Not enough advertisement! We can only do so much! If people don't know about it they won't go see it therefore it will be pulled for poor ticket sales!

:( Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

I am a disgruntled fan! This is total BS! WE need someone on the inside who can find out WTF happened, and why Relativity, or whoever these so-called PTB are, have literally done NOTHING to promote this film. OK I am kidding about the insider thing....but COME ON....!!!!!

I passed by the Glenwood in Overland Park yesterday on my way to the Leawood theater! Did someone run it up the street! I saw it yesterday and will give my feelings over on the appropriate thread. Not sure why it is being promoted in this area only so far and one other across the state line in a newer rather upscale area. This is an older, very established, upper class mostly white, conservative community. Is there a marketing strategy here or did they just throw darts at a map?

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Something just occurred to me, knowing the area surrounding Kansas City as I do. I think they DO have a marketing strategy! It is being shown in those areas which may take a more conservative mindset towards the issues. If everyone is struggling to find an answer to why it is being put out in limited release, they could be looking for specific demographics first to raise awareness of Sam's causes without the normal marketing to promote the film commercially at this time. Just a thought.

Delene

I just saw the movie today! I can't thank you guys enough for posting this link. I would never know that there was a movie theater in the Metro Detroit area showing MGP. I wish there was more publicity for the movie. There were only 10 people there today. The movie was incredible!

Why put Gerry on Leno,Craig Ferguson show to talk about this movie when its not advertised in the press or with TV Spots. It seems like kinda a wasted interview for him on these big talk shows.

I'm with you Stuart! They wasted Gerry's time and so close to his next film starting to be filmed. He could have used the rest and instead worked his butt of with TV and radio interviews. Too numerous to list here. Since I have seen the movie I'm more perplexed than ever as to why this is being hidden. There was a poster up on the theater I went to in Boulder. I think that is the first to be posted from what other gals have said. All ready I am reading that MGP is a bust because critics assume so because of the low box office. Well DUH!!! It isn't out there!!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

• 3 months later...

I would encourage everyone to check their local listings. I just realized today that Machine Gun Preacher is now showing at the Dollar Theater in my own town. This is a return, because we did have it briefly last year.

I'm just so happy to be able to see it again & I know there are many who haven't seen it even once.

Good luck!

Ren

I would encourage everyone to check their local listings. I just realized today that Machine Gun Preacher is now showing at the Dollar Theater in my own town. This is a return, because we did have it briefly last year.

I'm just so happy to be able to see it again & I know there are many who haven't seen it even once.

Good luck!

Ren

This movie refuses to die!

Sam Childers in MGP.."We’re staying."...

Thanks for the "heads up"! I just checked and it's playing at the $2.50 theater just down the road from me. It's also playing in Mathews, NC, a suburb of Charlotte, High Point, and Rock Hill SC. IMHO it should have opened here in the Bible Belt!!!

Hugs,

Buff