Gerard Butler GALS

8/25 - Gerard Butler takes his pug Lolita for a walk

Gerard Butler takes his pug Lolita for a walk on Thursday (August 25) in Malibu, Calif.

The day before, the 41-year-old Scottish actor visited an office in Beverly Hills, where he was joined by Live with Regis and Kelly host Regis Philbin.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerry is reportedly being considered for a role in the reboot of the 1984 classic Romancing the Stone.

Also rumored to be possibly joining the film: Katherine Heigl and Taylor Kitsch.

Posted Image

Source

First, why is it "news" that he's walking Lolita? Geez big deal. Leave the man alone!

Second, PLEASE DO NOT DO ROMANCING THE STONE, GERRY! It wasn't good the first time, and God how I hate remakes. Sorry - all my own personal opinion. :D

Lisa

Not "news" Lisa just a pic. That's all. :kisswink:

A do agree about Romancing the Stone...Leave it alone Gerry, just walk away.

Wasn't a diss at GALS - at JJ for making it "news". :) I know we post all the pics. No worries, girlfriend.

Glad I'm not alone with the Romancing the Stone thing. *shivers at the thought*

Oh he makes me so angry! :soangry: Where's the leash on Lolita? :pug::grrr:

I can't believe you people didn't like Romancing The Stone? It's got everything! Action, thrills, chills, mudslides, treasure maps, comedy, romance! I think Gerry should definately do it! You don't want to see a sweaty Gerry trudging through the Columbian jungles? He gets to carry a sawed off shot gun this time and wear his Alex Rover hat and save Katherine Heigle from snakes and alligators and Columbian drug lords! Katherine so far seems down for it. She'll talk him in to it! I know she will! They're good friends!

Delene

This is funny....when I saw, "Romancing The Stone" on TV I thought Gerry would have been great in that movie. I can see why people don't like remakes but Hollywood doesn't seem to be able to come up with good ideas for movies anymore so they turn to movies that did well in the past. It would be updated and I think Katherine Heigl would be great as Joan Wilder.

~HUGS~ Kathy

This is funny....when I saw, "Romancing The Stone" on TV I thought Gerry would have been great in that movie. I can see why people don't like remakes but Hollywood doesn't seem to be able to come up with good ideas for movies anymore so they turn to movies that did well in the past. It would be updated and I think Katherine Heigl would be great as Joan Wilder.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Yeah I was angry at something else last night and I took out on this item. :funnyface: I love how curly Gerry's hair is, though. :)

Anyway, I think Katherine Heigl would be great in this, with someone else. Had they not already made TUT I might feel differently. But he would get so much crap for not only a remake but working with the same co-star so soon. I can imagine the headlines and I cringe (nothing romantic just very negative).

I have an aversion to all the remakes happening, and it's not like Romancing the Stone is THAT old. I feel the same about Footloose and Dirty Dancing. I mean, really ... is there not a creative brain in Hollywood anymore? :bonk:

Oh he makes me so angry! :soangry: Where's the leash on Lolita? :pug::grrr:

Delene

Eh, if he can control her with just voice commands, I don't mind him not using a leash on her. Just as long as he always has one with him so that if anything unexpected happened (or if a cop came around to write him a ticket) he can clip it on her fast.

OMG Lisa, Romancing the Stone was an AWESOME movie! I can't believe you don't like it! Still, I don't want it remade. But if they had to remake it, I can think of no one better to fill Michael Douglas's shoes than Gerry. Katherine Heigl would not be my choice though.

Steph

~HUGS~ Kathy

Yeah I was angry at something else last night and I took out on this item. :funnyface: I love how curly Gerry's hair is, though. :)

Anyway, I think Katherine Heigl would be great in this, with someone else. Had they not already made TUT I might feel differently. But he would get so much crap for not only a remake but working with the same co-star so soon. I can imagine the headlines and I cringe (nothing romantic just very negative).

I have an aversion to all the remakes happening, and it's not like Romancing the Stone is THAT old. I feel the same about Footloose and Dirty Dancing. I mean, really ... is there not a creative brain in Hollywood anymore? :bonk:

Thank you, Kathy. I agree.

Lisa, you're kinda like my cat. If I make him get off my lap before HE wants to, he finds the dog and slaps HIM!

What do you mean RTS is not that old? It's over 25 years old and I think if it wasn't for remaking or rebooting older movies, the newer generations would not get to enjoy some good stories otherwise! Think True Grit, War of The Worlds, Phantom of the Opera! :kisswink:

Eh, if he can control her with just voice commands, I don't mind him not using a leash on her.

He might be able to control her verbally but what about another, bigger animal that might be on the loose or a jogger or someone on a bike? Not only could she get in someone elses way and cause them injury but be injured or worse herself and Gerry would be held liable. At least if she's on a leash and another dog, jogger or cyclist approaches, he has control to reel her in out of harms way. And it looks like he's walking her along where there is a roadway too, the numpty! That's very dangerous! Dogs, even well trained, can bolt out in to the street after squirrels. Any dog, especially her size, just makes me nervous to be off leash in a public area. It's just too easy to clip one on and go! :(

But thanks for agreeing with me on RTS! :wave:

Delene

I thought the same thing about the leash laws. But he might have a leash with him and maybe hes in a dog park or something...

Oh please Gerry don't do a remake. Plus Gerry was only 15 when this movie came out. I was 1, lol. I'm wondering why Hollywood is contemplating doing 80's remakes all of a sudden. Come on, I'm sure there are plenty of books that still haven't been turned into a motion picture. I never saw Romancing the Stone so I can't like or dislike the movie. With that said, I will see the movie is our Gerry is in it.

Edited by mumbleram

I thought the same thing about the leash laws. But he might have a leash with him and maybe hes in a dog park or something...

Oh please Gerry don't do a remake. Plus Gerry was only 15 when this movie came out. I was 1, lol. I'm wondering why Hollywood is contemplating doing 80's remakes all of a sudden. Come on, I'm sure there are plenty of books that still haven't been turned into a motion picture. I never saw Romancing the Stone so I can't like or dislike the movie. With that said, I will see the movie is our Gerry is in it.

You should go rent it! You'll love it!

Delene

Remakes don't tend to bother me....mainly because I can choose to go see it or not! Why is it that we can watch certain movies (mainly Gerry's) over and over again but :tantrum: about remakes?? I think Gerry would be great in RTS ....I like KH but....................................................... I guess time will tell and lets face it Ladies....we will all be there with bells on if this should come about! :)

:wave: Frannie

Eh, if he can control her with just voice commands, I don't mind him not using a leash on her.

He might be able to control her verbally but what about another, bigger animal that might be on the loose or a jogger or someone on a bike? Not only could she get in someone elses way and cause them injury but be injured or worse herself and Gerry would be held liable. At least if she's on a leash and another dog, jogger or cyclist approaches, he has control to reel her in out of harms way. And it looks like he's walking her along where there is a roadway too, the numpty! That's very dangerous! Dogs, even well trained, can bolt out in to the street after squirrels. Any dog, especially her size, just makes me nervous to be off leash in a public area. It's just too easy to clip one on and go! :(

But thanks for agreeing with me on RTS! :wave:

Delene

Well, there are voice commands that can reel a dog in close just as effectively as a leash, like the one I use on my Milo... "close"! Anytime a car passes us by I just say this one word and he comes up tight to my leg. And sure, it's possible for a well-trained dog to get distracted and lose focus, but he knows her. If he thinks there's such a small chance of that then I'm going to trust him.

I mean, c'mon... dog or not... who's going to leave Gerry Butler's side? Posted Image

Steph

If Gerry had Lolita on a lease on set of TBH she wouldn't have been attacked by that Greyhound. At least he would have been able to reel her in to keep her safe. A walking around Lolita is what attracted that Greyhound. They are trained to go after moving small animals. It is not so much what Lolita would do but what could happen to her from other dogs. I had a boxer dog run out and try to get at my little Westie while walking him and because I had him on a leash I could pull him back and pick him up quickly. It saved his life.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Remakes don't tend to bother me....mainly because I can choose to go see it or not! Why is it that we can watch certain movies (mainly Gerry's) over and over again but :tantrum: about remakes?? I think Gerry would be great in RTS ....I like KH but....................................................... I guess time will tell and lets face it Ladies....we will all be there with bells on if this should come about! :)

:wave: Frannie

Good point, Frannie! :kisswink: I love remakes if they're done right and if they select the best films. I would love to see a RTS remake even if Gerry declines but I hope he decides to do it! Seems he's got a few serious movies in the line up and maybe he'll want to squeeze in something light hearted and fun. One of the things I've always liked about RTS was it's slapstick comedy, people getting down and dirty and taking pratfalls. That, to me, is comedy in it's rawest form and it's always fun to laugh at someone elses calamity.

If Gerry had Lolita on a lease on set of TBH she wouldn't have been attacked by that Greyhound. At least he would have been able to reel her in to keep her safe. A walking around Lolita is what attracted that Greyhound. They are trained to go after moving small animals. It is not so much what Lolita would do but what could happen to her from other dogs. I had a boxer dog run out and try to get at my little Westie while walking him and because I had him on a leash I could pull him back and pick him up quickly. It saved his life.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Absolutely! I remember the greyhound incident and I thought that would have taught him a lesson. Dogs operate off a different set of impulses then humans. They'll react instinctively first.

Kathy, I'll bet that made a believer out of you with that close call! Little dogs don't always know to run away from a bigger dog. When one of my Corgi's was a little pup, I made the wrong decision to put him out and close the door on his extension leash in the middle of the night while I went to the bathroom and when I got back, a coyote was standing not five feet from him while he did his business! Talk about reeling in! I think it was more curious then anything else but it was quite alarming!

I also didn't see Gerry carrying any poop bags. Maybe that's what the cargo shorts are for! :bleh::lmao: I'm really on Gerry case today, aren't I?

Delene

Bless his heart. He evidently does know when to use a leash AND he is wearing a Chicago White Sox hat. :yay: I grew up with the White Sox in Chicago. I lived there for 32 years. Still rooting for them from Colorado.

Sorry Barb...got carried away because I know how much Gerry loves Lolita.

~HUGS~ Kathy