Gerard Butler GALS

9/13 - Butler Adds Body Guards After Death Threats

heISmyGspot

Gerard Butler was forced to hire extra bodyguards for his appearance at TIFF after he received death threats. He was asked about it at the festival but refused to give details. The Scottish actor not only served as executive producer, but plays a former Hells Angel member who, after becoming a Christian, devotes his time to saving orphans during the Sudan war in Machine Gun Preacher.A film company source told The Scottish Record they were worried, saying, "It is quite a controversial subject and some people are upset by the strong religious theme. We are treating this matter seriously." However, Butler looked relaxed as he joked with the fans that had gathered prior to the screening of the movie on Sunday night, even taking time to sign autographs and pose with them for photographs. However, he’s also at TIFF to promote Coriolanus, and is feeling the pressure of being in demand, telling USA Today: "Everyone wants to grab me for a second and I have to say no. Everyone is going up to me. You end up frazzled."

Source

I hope his body guards are seriously protecting him. These people can get real crazy, and I

don't want Gerry to be in the middle of something negative involving a subject that seriously

needs attention and support.

My prayers are always with him, and I hope he is vigilant during this time and lets his

body guards protect him properly.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Gerard Butler was forced to hire extra bodyguards for his appearance at TIFF after he received death threats. He was asked about it at the festival but refused to give details. The Scottish actor not only served as executive producer, but plays a former Hells Angel member who, after becoming a Christian, devotes his time to saving orphans during the Sudan war in Machine Gun Preacher.A film company source told The Scottish Record they were worried, saying, "It is quite a controversial subject and some people are upset by the strong religious theme. We are treating this matter seriously." However, Butler looked relaxed as he joked with the fans that had gathered prior to the screening of the movie on Sunday night, even taking time to sign autographs and pose with them for photographs. However, he's also at TIFF to promote Coriolanus, and is feeling the pressure of being in demand, telling USA Today: "Everyone wants to grab me for a second and I have to say no. Everyone is going up to me. You end up frazzled."

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would actually threaten a man whose mere existence has instilled such love, compassion and humanitarianism more than anyone else on the face of the earth (my opinion). Yes, we don't all share the same opinions about religion and others' beliefs, but that's the beauty of diversity. The fact that some people have threatened Gerard Butler because he portrayed a biker-turned-born-again Christian seems to me that there was something else going on that we're not aware of...jealousy perhaps? If someone was really resentful about the subject matter, why haven't these people (or person) go after Rev. Childers? Why "shoot the messenger"? I know this may sound radical but I'd give my life to save Gerard, and I know many of you out there would, too. I feel protective of him and am angered that someone would add pressure to a man whose only intentions are to be good and honorable at what he does.

Despite the fact that Gerard projected his usual confidence and relaxed demeanor while in Toronto, I sensed the stress of his outrageously ambitious schedule and saw the heavy emotions in his eyes while being interviewed on e-talk. It also answers the question as to why he chose to exit the back door of the POW after watching a film. When he got a look at the overly excited males that were standing at the front door with their "300" photos for him to sign, it didn't take a rocket scientist to make that snap decision to beat feet to the back door.

My heart continues to go out to you, Gerard, and I will continue to keep you in my loving prayers, with some added protection to keep you safe.

Sam Childers has been a marked man since he started his rescue efforts in Africa. I am deeply upset at what Gerry is now going through, especially since he will be out in the public so much talking about this movie. Bodyguards can't save a person if a person is out in the open. The bodyguard did nothing when Gerry was surrounded by paparazzi at the airport. One may not have been a paparazzi and the bodyguard did nothing to get between them and Gerry. Even Gerry said that. We just have to pray that nothing comes from the threats.

Look at these bodyguards. It is like the Secret Service is protecting Gerry. How serious they look and he is wedged between them so tightly. This is very scary.

Posted Image

~HUGS~ Kathy

Edited by Forbes girl

I think every 'famous' person has to have some sort of vigilance when the go out around a lot of people. Some people are just not in their right mind and can do anything. Like Delene said, people who want to kill you aren't gonna warn you about it first. Good to know he has more bodyguards with him though. It makes me sad that he even needs a bodyguard.

According to this quote in the New York Observer Gerry never received any death threats.

“That never happened,” he told the bevy of reporters. ” I think they misunderstood or they had a late night before, but I don’t remember getting any death threats… Maybe just for a bad performance,”

Let's hope that is the case and something was just quoted out of context, although it's all very confusing because other interviews make reference to his bodyguards etc!

I would Imagine Sam has made many enemies and has been threatened on numerous occasions though, so who knows!

Just wish I was there looking after him because, like many of you I would gladly get in the way of anyone trying to harm him.

x

I hope his body guards are seriously protecting him. These people can get real crazy, and I

don't want Gerry to be in the middle of something negative involving a subject that seriously

needs attention and support.

My prayers are always with him, and I hope he is vigilant during this time and lets his

body guards protect him properly.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

We his fans agree, I hope they guard him very closely. There are so many nut cakes out there1 Gerry is such a kind, generous and giving person but to people who over react there is no telling what they will do. Nowadays to many strange critters out there. Take care of this wonderful human bein :wave: g and protect him from people who simply don't give others a simple FREEDOM. It seems to be all over and there is no reasoning with these strange peop :wave: le.

[

"I know this may sound radical but I'd give my life to save Gerard, and I know many of you out there would, too." [Patthe GerryKat}

I've thought this many times, but was afraid of sounding too radical. Now I know I'm not alone. I sure hope those guards really know what they're doing, and just how valuable he is to us.

Edited by cronewolfe