Gerard Butler GALS

9/15 - "I'm going to call my mum tonight..."

becozy

My favourite moment occurred with Butler, in my first interview of the week. I mentioned that, to me, he fills the brute-with-a-sense-of-humour niche that’s been woefully unoccupied since Lee Marvin and Robert Mitchum. He regarded me for a long second, and I feared I’d offended him. Then he told me that Lee Marvin and Robert Mitchum were the two exact guys who made him want to act. “I’m going to call my old mum tonight and tell her that someone compared me to Mitchum and Marvin,” he said quietly. During the rest of the week, there were plenty of moments when I questioned why I was there – when out-of-town handlers swooped in and dismissed Canadian print, with a callousness that was truly upsetting. But then I’d think of what Butler said, and force myself to remember that no matter what happens when they get to TIFF, every film, and every person in them, begins in the same place: one person, alone in a room, with a dream. Excerpted from Johanna Schneller's article The Globe and Mail

I'm so so happy for him! This article makes me feel so proud of him and for him. As a GAL, he just makes my heart melt.

Yes, he's sexy, and yes he turns me on. Yes, we all know how funny, charming, silly or raunchy he can be. He is a very complex man, and yet at the same time like a little boy.

But When something like this happens for him, when he has this kind of recognition, I just am so happy for him. He is just so amazing. *sigh*Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My favourite moment occurred with Butler, in my first interview of the week. I mentioned that, to me, he fills the brute-with-a-sense-of-humour niche that's been woefully unoccupied since Lee Marvin and Robert Mitchum. He regarded me for a long second, and I feared I'd offended him. Then he told me that Lee Marvin and Robert Mitchum were the two exact guys who made him want to act. "I'm going to call my old mum tonight and tell her that someone compared me to Mitchum and Marvin," he said quietly. During the rest of the week, there were plenty of moments when I questioned why I was there – when out-of-town handlers swooped in and dismissed Canadian print, with a callousness that was truly upsetting. But then I'd think of what Butler said, and force myself to remember that no matter what happens when they get to TIFF, every film, and every person in them, begins in the same place: one person, alone in a room, with a dream. Excerpted from Johanna Schneller's article The Globe and Mail

Hmm. "Long second." I wonder if, when in Gerry's presence, that's the equivalent of converting time into dog years... :p

:tantrum:

My favourite moment occurred with Butler, in my first interview of the week. I mentioned that, to me, he fills the brute-with-a-sense-of-humour niche that’s been woefully unoccupied since Lee Marvin and Robert Mitchum. He regarded me for a long second, and I feared I’d offended him. Then he told me that Lee Marvin and Robert Mitchum were the two exact guys who made him want to act. “I’m going to call my old mum tonight and tell her that someone compared me to Mitchum and Marvin,” he said quietly. During the rest of the week, there were plenty of moments when I questioned why I was there – when out-of-town handlers swooped in and dismissed Canadian print, with a callousness that was truly upsetting. But then I’d think of what Butler said, and force myself to remember that no matter what happens when they get to TIFF, every film, and every person in them, begins in the same place: one person, alone in a room, with a dream. Excerpted from Johanna Schneller's article The Globe and Mail

Hi Becozy, The temp psssword is still working for me. What a delightful way that I started my day with hubby George, watching Phantom of the Opera on HBO...it has been at least a year since we watched it. Never get tired of seeing it. It was the very first movie of Gerard B's that we saw way back in 2005 for our anniversary. It is just like we were seeing it for the very first TIME> Marvin and Mitchum were real men as Gerry B. is...That's funny calling his mum "OLD" but we are sure she has a sense of humor just like good OLD SWEET Gerry. Whooeee he was soooo handsome in that movie. Just so sensitive and a great actor way back then. Have a great day. I missed his interview with THE VIEW...our tape did not work...but will try and see him on Leno's show...he is always soooo funny. great sense of humor..

Donna Jean and George and clan :tantrum::funnyup:

AAWWW makes me want to give him such a Mum HUG! Well....sort of!

That is a great text for a siggy too Sweetie don't ya think! Although I would also like to have it on my pillow!

:wave: Frannie

Funny how when someone compliments Gerry he immediately wants to tell his Mum. It's like he is saying, "See Mum, I'm doing well at this acting business so you don't have to worry about me not being a lawyer". He used to take pictures on set of his earlier films to send home to his Mum. He especially liked taking pictures of his fans so his Mum could see he had fans. I think he is so cute!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Wow, is that journalist confident being authentic to the point of telling her interviewed her truest impressions, regardlessly knowing the nature of th person she´s talking to... Fortunately, her sensibility hit the spot: the interviewed understood the level of the comparision, and was pleased by it. An artist talking to another?

GREAT ARTICLE !

Love from Brazil,

Karin