Gerard Butler GALS

10/2 - MoviesOnline.ca MGP Review

Paisleyscot

Gerard Butler is a Machine Gun Preacher

I am incredibly passionate about films that are based in reality and one that is stranger then fiction is #Gerard Butlers upcoming #Machine Gun Preacher. I have long been a fan of Gerard Butlers work and the material he chooses and it looks like Machine Gun Preacher will be a perfect blend of human drama, tragedy and action and prove once again why Gerard Butler is one of the leading actors in Hollywood. We have a new poster and trailer for the film which will really grab your attention. Machine Gun Preacher is the inspirational true story of #Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing criminal who undergoes an astonishing transformation and finds an unexpected calling as the savior of hundreds of kidnapped and orphaned children.

Gerard Butler (300) delivers a searing performance as Childers, the impassioned founder of the Angels of East Africa rescue organization in Golden Globe-nominated director Marc Forster’s (Monster’s Ball, Finding Neverland) moving story of violence and redemption. When ex-biker-gang member Sam Childers (Butler) makes the life-changing decision to go to East Africa to help repair homes destroyed by civil war, he is outraged by the unspeakable horrors faced by the region’s vulnerable populace, especially the children.

Ignoring the warnings of more experienced aide workers, Sam breaks ground for an orphanage where it’s most needed–in the middle of territory controlled by the brutal Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), a renegade militia that forces youngsters to become soldiers before they even reach their teens.

But for Sam, it is not enough to shelter the LRA’s intended victims. Determined to save as many as possible, he leads armed missions deep into enemy territory to retrieve kidnapped children, restoring peace to their lives–and eventually his own. The explosive, real-life tale of a man who has rescued over a thousand orphans from starvation, disease and enslavement, Machine Gun Preacher also stars Michelle Monaghan (Due Date), Kathy Baker (Cold Mountain), Madeline Carroll (Mr. Popper’s Penguins), Academy Award® nominated Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road) and Souleymane Sy Savane (“Damages”).

Source

the preacher's story let me think that, the regular soldiers also have the same contradiction between their duty and their soul. in fact it's not a particular phenomena, Sam's is simply a extreme and attractive one. it's a struggle between complicated reality and pure moral. Gerry ever had this struggle in his youth, so it's not strange for him. he puts his real life in it, that's the greatness of him as an actor.

Edited by ban

Yes, yes, Gerry Butler has always been a great actor, under appreciated. My hubby George and I and family have seen all of GB's movies from his very first movie and Series, and TV presentations. He is magnificient and under appreciated as I mentioned before in another section. We first saw him in Phantom of the Opera and will enjoy that movie again and again. Infact just saw it a few weeks ago on HBO and will probably watch it when our daughter and granddaughter come in. They are big fans too. If you haven't seen

Phantom of the Opera, Dear Frankie (two of our favorites) The Jury, Attila and even he and those marvelous eyes in Dracula 2000...ummmmm and on and on...One More Kiss is so well done and so many others. Well, I guess you can see that our clan are fans...

I could name many more, but if you are really a fan, as we are, you will find all his movies and have a wonderful time escaping into them with HIM.

hugs, Donna Jean and George and clan

The only other thing of lately is the TV series GLEE...I found it on NETFLIX (no commericals) Music and dancing ---and then bought the second season. We are watching (without commercials) the third season because we copied them---- the third season which just started. Our kids and granddaughter went to the same High School as Ian Brennen the creator of GLEE..his two associates and he write all the episodes...Our granddaughter was in HS at the time he was...The schools

name--- actually IS PROSPECT HIGH SCHOOL in Mt. Prospect, Illinois...but I believe the series says the location is still in the midwest, but in OHIO...Illinois is were it was really created..at Prospect High School --

Hugs, Donna Jean and George and clan :tantrum::kiss:

Edited by Donna Jean