Gerard Butler GALS

what movis would you have liked gerry to have starred in?

hummmm... I would have loved for him to have played in Sherlock Holmes as Watson and Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre.

I believe he was actually offered the part of Watson, so that could have actually happened.

Ren

Well, there was....but I'm afraid now he is getting too old to play them. A few years ago I think Gerry would have made the absolute best Conor Larkin from Leo Uris' Trinity. Also there was Jamie Fraser :yummy:

If they EVER make a movie of "A Knight in Shining Armor" by Jude Deveraux, Gerry would make an awesome Nicholas Stafford, Earl of Thornwyck. (I picture someone like Sandra Bullock playing the part of Dougless Montgomery.) It's a comedy/Drama/Romance regarding a knight from the 15th century being whisked forward in time - then the thoroughly modern damsel in distress being shot back in time to the 15th century. (Gerry in tight hose and knee high boots.....uh, sorry, drool break!) Gerry would have to use an English accent, but maybe they could redo the story as a Scottish Knight!

Gerry would also be fabulous as Highland laird Drustan MacKeltar, from Karen Marie Moning's "Kiss of the Highlander".

(Gerry bare chested in a kilt with knee high boots.....uh, sorry, more drool!)

OK, back to reality. Must read both books again!

Suzie

I would love to see Gerry as Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights (another ruffled shirt with chest exposed!) :yummy: And in Rock Hudson's role in Written on the Wind. Actually, I'd like to see him in MGP and Coriolanus!

BlueJean

If they EVER make a movie of "A Knight in Shining Armor" by Jude Deveraux, Gerry would make an awesome Nicholas Stafford, Earl of Thornwyck. (I picture someone like Sandra Bullock playing the part of Dougless Montgomery.) It's a comedy/Drama/Romance regarding a knight from the 15th century being whisked forward in time - then the thoroughly modern damsel in distress being shot back in time to the 15th century. (Gerry in tight hose and knee high boots.....uh, sorry, drool break!) Gerry would have to use an English accent, but maybe they could redo the story as a Scottish Knight!

Gerry would also be fabulous as Highland laird Drustan MacKeltar, from Karen Marie Moning's "Kiss of the Highlander".

Suzie

"A Knight in Shining Armor" by Jude Deveraux

i had a look. it sounds fine.

I love the roles he has played. If he had been Watson in SH he probably wouldn't have made MGP and that is just such a wonderful movie. Too bad the distributors didn't see fit to give it a big build up and open it nationwide. For those of you who haven't seen it the DVD should be coming out shortly - I believe it is out already in Great Britain through Amazon.

If they ever do 'Love Never Dies' as a movie, I'd love to see him once again as Erik. But that won't happen so I will just dream on. :wuv:

I'd also love to see him in medieval/historic setting again in England/Scotland/Ireland. While I do love him in the action modern movies as well (can live without romcoms though :D), these historic movies kinda suit him IMHO. :attila: Ahem. :D

Suzie

OH Suzie!! I read all of the Jude Deveraux books with the Montgomery clan years ago. Gerry would be awesome playing any one of them in that era. *SIGH*. Also I would love to see him as Mr. Darcy in "Pride and Prejudice". Again *SIGH*.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I agree on Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice. I thought of him when I saw it.

He would also make a wonderful Heathcliff.

I finally got to see MGP. Magnificent.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy