Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry - Studmuffin!!!

Hi Everyone!!! LOOK! Gerry made the cover of todays post magazine as one of three of the sexiest men alive ...YES!!!

The world is finally waking up to what we've known for a long time...they think he's a studmuffin..LOL

hugs,

Sue

Posted Image

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greyeyegoddess

mmmm...I'd like an order of Gerry studmuffin with a side of chocolate thong for dessert!

Ok, for the dumb question:

What kind of magazine/insert/newspaper is the Post Movies?

I love Gerry's Beowulf picture but the other two pictures don't do any justice at all to those two handsome men. ( We all know Gerry's the best, though!) Still very cool, though!

But he really is just so much more than just eye candy. Still blows me away with his sense of humor, intelligence and the passion he brings to his roles :inlove:

Edited by discoveringme
Guest greyeyegoddess

Call me slow, but I just realized something...

The other two men were form "People Magazine's Most Sexiest Man"...think this might be Gerry's year? Or at least the next 2007? Is this a prediction?

Not a dumb question at all greyeyegoddess. I have a friend who says she thinks it's from the Canadian newpaper The Post...their magazine section. She's trying to find out for sure and I will let you know!

And YES...let's hope this is just the beginning for Ger!!!!

hugs,

Sue :yippee:

Finally someone gets it right and hey it's Depp, McConughney, and Butler......

Thats so great! Ahhhhhhhhh and so true.......and of course G is number one............

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh swoonnnnnnnnnnnn

My question is, why does it say, "Depp, McConughney, Beowulf" and not "Depp, McConughney, Butler" ?? Hmmm???? ::D:

Hi Mish...I know... :angry: ,,, but at least it says "played by certified studmuffin Gerard Butler"... it's a good start...lol :gerryholic:

hugs,

Sue

Lets hear it for the stud muffin!!!

Muffins for breakfast ....sounds yummy to me, and listed there with Johnny Depp....... :tasty: :tasty: Now there's an idea I could wrap myself around!!

You what kills me though is Britty found this first :confused: What were you doing on th puter sooooo late??

Your momma should spank you~~~~~~~~ oh wait thats me hehehehehehe!

Here's the inside article (and yes it is a Canadian Newspaper insert):

Oh I hope this makes enough noise that we get Beowulf here in the States!!!

Hugs,

Sue :gerryholic:

National Post | Author: Shinan Govani

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost

The ladies are hungry for Beowulf: Gerard Butler's insatiable fans are storming the border to catch their sixth-century stud

Border alert! A certain Scottish studmuffin is responsible for a wave of hysteria set to soon wash over Toronto -- an ilk of enthusiasm usually reserved for Brazilian soccer matches, soap star mall visits and Klingon-centric meet-ups.

The most touching thing about it all? The Scottish studmuffin is only a figment of the silver screen. See, this is the thing: Gerard Butler, who worked a mask in the big-screen outing of the Phantom of the Opera in 2004 and also turned heads in Angelina Jolie's Tomb Raider, has a movie opening on Friday.

But only in Canada. The film, Beowulf & Grendel -- a good-and-evil epic set in sixth-century Iceland -- doesn't have yet have a U.S. distributor. And some people apparently just can't wait!

Indeed, I have it on good authority that a stampede consisting of Butler's sizeable fan base is headed our way. Note: A fan base surprisingly large for an actor who doesn't regularly smile back at us from the covers of In Touch and Us Weekly -- and who's never been linked to Lindsay Lohan either!

Over a hundred doting ladies -- and yes, they are mostly ladies -- are about to descend on not only Toronto, but also Vancouver and Winnipeg, in an attempt to catch their beloved, swashbuckling Gerald in all his medieval, snoggable splendour. In T.O., specifically, the plan is for them to see Beowulf & Grendel on Saturday. Twice!

A group dinner is said to be planned for in between show times.

A spy spills to me: "The women are coming from Chicago, Kentucky, Ohio, Georgia, Colorado, Florida, etc,."

Age-wise, they range from the school-prom set to the senior-discount crowd. Doe-eyed girls, greying grandmothers, and every nice stalking girl in between. Amazingly, many of them have actually already seen the movie -- at a recent "Butler convention" in Glasgow, Scotland!

For reasons best left to providence, or maybe the science of Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point, Butler appears to be a booming industry of his own. Once an actual lawyer -- before he was terminally bitten by the acting bug -- the actor's fan base counts 10,000 members, and his Web site lays claim to 5 million hits.

(Just one example of the postings found on the site? Here's an excerpt: "Gerry is awesome. Gerry is sexy. Gerry is GOD.")

I, for one, got to witness some of the frenzy first-hand when Beowulf and Grendel premiered right here in Toronto at the filmfest last year.

During a fancy after-party held at The Distillery, where the godly Gerry worked the room in a beat-up leather jacket, I saw plenty of folks having a feast of him. At one point, he even appeared to have zapped then-Governor-General Adrienne Clarkson, with whom he was spotted conversing.

Did we mention that the film -- one of those myth flicks -- is directed by Canadian Sturla Gunnarsson? And also co-stars Sarah Polley? There, I think I just did.

Copyright 2006 National Post

All Rights Reserved

irish, thanks for the scan and article. :cheer:

I love the caption under his pic. ::D: Sounds like it's Beowulf mania up north. :mopboybeowulf:

Indeed, I have it on good authority that a stampede consisting of Butler's sizeable fan base is headed our way. Note: A fan base surprisingly large for an actor who doesn't regularly smile back at us from the covers of In Touch and Us Weekly -- and who's never been linked to Lindsay Lohan either!

Thank God for that. :bleh:

That's a great article, Irish!

The ladies are hungry for Beowulf:

Gerard Butler's insatiable fans are storming the border to catch their sixth-century stud.

Scottish Studmuffin

in an attempt to catch their beloved, swashbuckling Gerald in all his medieval, snoggable splendour.

OMG! That is too funny!

GALS - you should check the news section on the site before posting articles. This one was posted yesterday by Stef, our web wonder woman who is on top of just about every new article that comes out mentioning the Ger Bear. There have been a lot of new articles and reviews posted there over the past couple of days, so go check it out - you don't know what you are missing!!

One thing in this article bugged the heck out of me - B&G was NOT shown in Glasgow in January, every fan who has seen it before saw it in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver or Palm Springs. Nobody saw it in Glasgow.

Amazingly, many of them have actually already seen the movie -- at a recent "Butler convention" in Glasgow, Scotland!

Your right, Susan! It does say that! Eek!

I read that wrong!

Trying to read too fast and missed it. :bonk:

Oh! Dear me, sorry Stef!

I will check the news section first from now on!

Thanks for the heads up Susan! ::D:

GALS News

Edited by zanyzombie

Lets hear it for the stud muffin!!!

Muffins for breakfast ....sounds yummy to me, and listed there with Johnny Depp....... :tasty: :tasty: Now there's an idea I could wrap myself around!!

You what kills me though is Britty found this first :confused: What were you doing on th puter sooooo late??

Your momma should spank you~~~~~~~~ oh wait thats me hehehehehehe!

I don't know you... oh wait, your that scarey neighbor! :bleh: Just kidding! I am not the only one looking at Johnny too! HEhEHEHE

And the article, I thought it was funny. Gerry is just growing verry big isn't he? I'm excited for him!!! :yippee: Go Gerry, GO!!

GALS - you should check the news section on the site before posting articles. This one was posted yesterday by Stef, our web wonder woman who is on top of just about every new article that comes out mentioning the Ger Bear. There have been a lot of new articles and reviews posted there over the past couple of days, so go check it out - you don't know what you are missing!!

One thing in this article bugged the heck out of me - B&G was NOT shown in Glasgow in January, every fan who has seen it before saw it in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver or Palm Springs. Nobody saw it in Glasgow.

Oops sorry about that Susan...I'll check there in the future.

Oops sorry about that Susan...I'll check there in the future.
No harm - no foul. We love you Irish!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

OMG! Thats so funny! OMG! What a great artical..good snag Steff!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Of course.......this happens when Gerry enters a room........the women gape, fawn and naturally become fembots..or a level of fembot..we could call it femobotisis.......(This is true because it happened to me and I have it happen to OTHERS!) Watch da mojo there Ger........heh.........not too closely though we LIKEY! Yep uh huh...swoon!

Irish - no problem - I just wanted all the GALS to realize there are a whole BUNCH of new articles that Stef has posted in the news section already. Anyone who hasn't checked the news is missing some good stuff.