Gerard Butler GALS

5/5 - Hunter Killer Pulled From Schedule

Hunter Killer Pulled From Schedule

Excerpt:

Over at Relativity, director Antoine Fuqua now has one less deadline to worry about. His Hunter Killer, which had been scheduled for a December 21, 2012 opening, has now been pulled off the schedule altogether. Gerard Butler has been lined up to play a submarine captain Joe Glass since last fall, while Sam Worthington's been circling the part of a Navy SEAL. The story sees the characters teaming up to rescue the president of Russia, who's been taken prisoner in a military coup, in an attempt to stop World War III.

Source

That SUCKS!! I was really excited about that one. I should learn not to get excited about any Gerry movie until it shows up at a local theater. Live and learn!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I agree with you Kathy......I'm not going to get excited about anything til I know for sure it's even going to make it to the theater! NUTTIN! I tell ya!! :lalala:

:wave: Frannie

Although I want Gerry to have as much work as he wants, this one sounded too much like Red October to me and I had a feeling it was iffy. Just a hunch. That's not to say they might not decide to do it at a later date but it was so similar to many things he's doing already, like saving the President of the US!

I'm still confounded about Thunder Run. Wonder what's up with that one?

It's hard not to get excited when you hear about a new film for Gerry, especially one that sounds good. I think he's made a good selection so far, enough to keep him busy and out of trouble, not that he gets in to any. :spit:

The one I still hope he never does is Afterburn! The only film I think he should star in with the name "burn" in it is "Burns". :p

Delene

I'm sure I am going to get excited about every project mentioned for Gerry. and I'm I will

love every project he does. I was wondering when he was going to breathe this whole

year though.

It's good for him to stay busy on good projects but there is such a thing as killing oneself

with to much work.

I always trust his instints on both projects and schedule and support every effort put

forth by him. I just don't want him to miss out on all else that life has to offer.

I understand the "Strike while the iron is hot" theory, but life is to short to work all

of it away. I know he enjoys his work and loves the people he meets in the process,

and believe me. that is a true blessing.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Most movies today sound like another movie that already has been made. No real talent among Hollywood screen writers today. That's why they do so many remakes. I just wanted to see Gerry do something he has not done before. As for "Thunder Run" that sounds like Avatar to me. Gerry won't even be Gerry in it. That does not interest me at all.

~HUGS~ Kathy

So "Hunter Killer" isn´t even a possibility anymore? By the way the post is written I understood it might still be done in the future.

Does someone know if Gerry has started shooting ANY new movie (other than PTF or OMAM) yet in 2012?

Love from Brazil,

Karin

Karin, my interpretation & what I saw on the release schedule at Box Office Mojo is that the release date was changed from December 2012 to TBD (To Be Determined). I take that to mean that they're not sure when they'll be able to shoot the picture, so they don't know what the release date will be. I don't think that means the film won't be made, but anytime things like this happen, you sometimes lose some or all of your original participants.

We just have to wait & see what happens & whether or not Gerry is involved.

I think it was obvious, based on the # of films already confirmed for him, that there was no way this film could be completed this year.

Ren

Karin, my interpretation & what I saw on the release schedule at Box Office Mojo is that the release date was changed from December 2012 to TBD (To Be Determined). I take that to mean that they're not sure when they'll be able to shoot the picture, so they don't know what the release date will be. I don't think that means the film won't be made, but anytime things like this happen, you sometimes lose some or all of your original participants.

I think it was obvious, based on the # of films already confirmed for him, that there was no way this film could be completed this year.

Ren

sue grint - gbutts greatest london fan

i am really happy that hes doing the olympus has fallen film next and then hopefully, brilliant. i love the sound of those two films the best. trouble is gbutt is in such demand now, but can only do so many a year. way to go gerry

Ren

Thanks Ren, you´ve been saving me lately!

xoxo

Karin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still confounded about Thunder Run. Wonder what's up with that one?

Delene

I read two news stories today and both say that THUNDER RUN is moving forward...

One was at "Deadline Hollywood" and the other was at "Movie Web".

The article at "Movie Web" is below.

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Source: Movie Web

May 15, 2012 by B. Alan Orange

Thunder Run Moves Forward with Gerard Butler and Matthew McConaughey

Freedom Films CEO, Brian Presley is proud to announce the closing of a substantial domestic P&A financing arrangement days prior to Cannes for the CG 3-D action thriller Thunder Run. The film will be co-financed by Brian Presley's Freedom Films and CEO Fred Malmburg's company, Paradox Entertainment with Gerard Butler, Sam Worthington and Matthew McConaughey starring. Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park International is handling sales at Cannes during the upcoming Marche du Film.

VFX production has already begun on the CG 3-D film with principal photography set to begin this Summer. Brian Presley is producing alongside Jib Polhemus of The Graphic Film Company, with Simon West directing.

Thunder Run is an all CG 3-D action thriller based on the non-fiction book "Thunder Run - The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad," by Pulitzer Prize-winning correspondent David Zucchino. Adapting the story for the screen are Academy Award-winner Robert Port and Ken Nolan, screenwriter of Black Hawk Down.

Thunder Run is the untold story of the dangerous and bloody capture of Baghdad by American Forces at the onset of the Iraq War. In April 2003, three battalions and fewer than a thousand men launched a violent thrust of tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles into the heart of a city of five million, igniting a three-day blitzkrieg, which military professionals often refer to as a lightning strike, or "thunder run." In telling the story of the surprise assault on Baghdad--one of the most decisive battles in recent American combat history--this movie paints the harrowing picture of the soldiers on the front lines and the realities of modern warfare.

Thunder Run comes to theaters in 2013 and stars Gerard Butler, Sam Worthington, Matthew McConaughey, Brian Presley, Omid Abtahi, Waleed Zuaiter, Reem Mahmood, Iyad Hajjaj. The film is directed by Simon West.

:tantrum:I was soooo looking forward to seeing him in a Navy Seal outfit; with hair cut to match....I love seeing him in army or Navy attire ... :yummy: