Gerard Butler GALS

CLOSED: Movie genre

Movie genre  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie genre do you prefer the most?

• Comedy
    • Drama
    • Romance
    • Action
    • Adventure
    • Thriller
    • Science Fiction / Fantasy
    • Horror
    • Western
    • Musical

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You silly gals, you....lol!

We ALL know the Gerry Genre is NUMBER #1!!! hehe!

Than there'd be no poll......would there? lol :funnyface:

You've got that right, zany, about which genre is Numero Uno!

I had to vote for Thriller, although it was tied with scifi/fantasy and adventure. Romance tends to be either pointless or too mushy these days. Drama is far too realistic. So...I either like to search for clues and solves mysteries, ask "what if" on rocketships headed for the fourth nebula or escape with my favorite swashbuckler! Now I wonder what bearded floppy mop that could be!?!

:whome2:

Edited by marianneevans

But just wait till you see Beowulf and Grendel.........

Oh, I'm looking forward to it!! :yippee:

I just watch 'The Game of Their Lives' and that is real high on my list (Gerard has the most beautiful knees, really.....but that tush in those shorts :heat: )

I wish that GOTL had been shaped better as a film...there were so many things brought up to glimpse into the players' lives and pasts....and then *poof* nothing said further. A TON of stuff just hanging in the air. Ah well. *shrug* I enjoyed it anyway, it's a very inspiring film.

Abrock & Cailleach, I voted for Drama, too. But the truth is, I love any well-written, well-acted, well-directed movie, no matter which genre it falls into. I just love GOOD movies. But if I had to pick, Drama would be it, preferably one with some romance, like Dear Frankie. A good "slice of life" drama, with well-drawn characters, is one of my favorite things.

Abrock, I agree about Game of Their Lives. It was a sweet film and Gerry was lovely, but it COULD have been a GREAT film, with stronger writing and better character development. It was such a great story, it deserved a better script. I truly wanted to know more about each of the team members. Felt like we were just teased by the glimpses they gave us. (For instance, why, exactly is the one guy so terrified of small spaces and flying? Was he a prisoner of war, kept caged? We never find out. :tantrum: )

Hugs,

Marcia

:claphands: I am a granny and love to put on a movie of oh say "Aliens" with Sigourney Weaver and a big bowl of popcorn and blankets (to hide our eyes) and giggle and get scarred. I love musicals too but mostly movies like "The Terminator"; "Preditor" and ones like that. That is why I am really looking forwards to his new movie "Priest". Oh yeah I forgot "Dracula 2000"; but only for the older kids (the ceiling Tango is too sexy)! :heat::bonk::rotflmao:

I am a granny and love to put on a movie of oh say "Aliens" with Sigourney Weaver and a big bowl of popcorn and blankets (to hide our eyes) and giggle and get scarred. I love musicals too but mostly movies like "The Terminator"; "Preditor" and ones like that. That is why I am really looking forwards to his new movie "Priest". Oh yeah I forgot "Dracula 2000"; but only for the older kids (the ceiling Tango is too sexy)!

I swear if I didn't know better I'd say you were me or I was you!

You took the words right out of my mouth May, except for the musicals. hehe!

Anytime you want to get together to watch Aliens or ANY spooky movie just let me know, ok?

Cheers!

Oh, the agony of choices... I love so much, but had I been left on a deserted island and there was only one movie there ( by some miracle I would be able to see it ! ) , - then I would vote for a romance! I guess it would be "The phantom of the opera"... Drama, romance and some comedy all rolled into an unsurpassable experience. :inlove: And this man...

Mind you, I would probably go nuts reliving Erik's/Gerry's pain... It breaks my heart every time when he is bent over with agony, releasing his one love, wading away from her... And the bewildered hope-against-hope when she seemingly returns :cry:

Perhaps I should have voted for comedy, - like "Trains ,planes and automobiles" :bonk:

:wave: Hi Zannyzombie ; sure thing but you have to bring your own blankie! Don't you think it would be great to see Gerry play with Sigourney in another Aliens? Hey he could save her and then be her side kick for other sequels. Or does it sound too much like another Lara Croft kick them then leave them. I love him when he gets "Indiana Jones" on us he does it so well. I also love the way he throws in a bit of comedy while killing the monsters. By the way; when my girls and I prepare for a movie we dress up for the occasion. I either have them make masks ala Lion King or long gowns to watch "Phantom" and when we watched "Mary Poppins" we made bonnets with paper roses on them and sang along with the movie. I am a very inventive granny (a true Aquarian) a bit accentric but other wise not dangerous to be around. :rotflmao:
BIG- HUGE sci fi nut!!! All things SCI -FI Vamps, Aliens, monsters, all of it !!! HIGHLANDER is my Fav --- The Crow a near 2nd

How did I miss this thread?1 Of course, my vote would have gone to the

Gerry genre, but that wasn't included. My second choice is scifi/fantasy without burning buildings and exploding vehicles! I like really good story lines and strong characterizations, probably the writer in me.

Abrock & Cailleach, I voted for Drama, too. But the truth is, I love any well-written, well-acted, well-directed movie, no matter which genre it falls into. I just love GOOD movies. But if I had to pick, Drama would be it, preferably one with some romance, like Dear Frankie. A good "slice of life" drama, with well-drawn characters, is one of my favorite things.

I'm with you there, Marcia...I love LOVE GOOD movies. I'm a bit of an indie film nut...thought I don't see as many as I should...usually they seem to have the richest stories and characters, the writer and director having a little more artistic freedom than some piece of plank fast-and-the-furious Hollywood reel.

Romance, definitely.

Though I think they screw with my mind. ;)

*raises hand* Yes, yes they do! :lol:

I love romance - something like Notting Hill with Julia Roberts

Sharon

I LOVE Notting Hill. That's a great film. It's mainly a romantic drama, but has comedic elements. I love that.

I'm not usually a big Hugh Grant fan, but he was brilliant in that one.

• 1 month later...

I enjoy alot of movies, but I really love movies based in the 1800's ex: Pride and Prejudice ; Phantom of the opera ; Vanity Fair ; The Count Of Monte Cristo

And I love Vampire Movies ex: Bram Stoker's Dracula; Van Helsing; Dracula 2000!

And anything with Gerard!!!

Edited by janie2

I love movies of all genres! I would say adventure is my favorite. I love movies that take me into exciting places doing daring things!

I'd say comedy is my fav, followed closely by romantic movies. I like to watch something that will make me feel good and leave me smiling. Life can be difficult enough as it is and I need my escapes in the movies and my books.

I'd have to say that I prefer the horror genre.... You can use the film as an excuse to get closer to your fave guy..."Baby, I'm scared.. hold me close!!" HEHEHE

Following closely with romances, comedy, and dramas. THIS MOVIE BUFF LOVES EM ALL!!

Edited by FancifulRomantic
  • 3 weeks later...

:draculaicon: If I can only pick one I guess it would have to be Horror, but I pretty much like all movies. Just as long as their good, that is. Anything Gerry does is not just good, it's PHENOMINAL! :kiss: :erikrose: I just love that man to death, along witha WHOLE LOT OF OTHER WOMEN - GALS ESPECIALLY. :wub:

• 2 months later...

I'm a comedy nut. Out of the 250+ movies I have at least half make me laugh, but I've been crying to every one lately anyway. Even the Gerry movies I have, has a bit of humor to make me laugh. Even if he's not trying to be funny.

• 5 months later...

I love action movies, and a good chick flick, but I'm with you November. Give me a good comedy that I'm laughing through the whole thing. You know, I have a hard time with movies (and books) that make me feel bad or make me cry. There's already enough bad in the world without making my brain take in more of it. When I have free time, I try to do movies that make me feel good. Yup, comedy! :pointy: