Gerard Butler GALS

What is your favorite Gerry movie and character?

zanyzombie

What is your favorite Gerry movie and character?

My favorite Gerry movie is the Phantom of the Opera but my favorite Gerry character

is Andre Marek from Timeline.

Although, the Phantom comes pretty close.

th_202x197.jpg

th_639x800_zpsad21362c.gif

My favorite Gerry movie is POTO. Favorite character is Erik. :wuv:

Other Gerry movies/TV series that I really like for very different reasons are The Jury, Timeline, Dracula 2000, Beowulf & Grendel, Rocknrolla, Dear Frankie, and Olympus Has Fallen. :)

Edited to add "Dear Frankie!" How could I forget that gorgeous Stranger? :bonk:

Edited by Lady Elissa

No way could I list ONE movie as my favorite Gerry movie. I have many! I love Timeline, Dear Frankie, POTO, Beowulf, 300, P.S. I Love You, Machine Gun Preacher, Chasing Mavericks, and Olympus Has Fallen to name a few.

My favorite Gerry character is:

th_34a.jpg

But I have to admit that Mike Banning is a close second now.

th_6-6.jpg

~HUGS~ Kathy

Oh, I love those two as well! I forgot them when I made my post. What the heck, I might as well list all of Gerry's movies! I like them all for different reasons and in varying degrees. There is NO Gerry movie I completely dislike.

What a hard question! I have to give the edge to :phantom: with :marek: a close second. POTO and Timeline were my first Gerry movies too. If I had to list a third and forth, they would be Sam Childers and Frosty Hesson. I love MGP and Chasing Mavericks. Also have to give a nod to The Stranger, Gerry Kennedy and Mike Banning, Oh, and Johnnie Donne. Now ask me if there is a movie I don't like, I'd have to say Coriolanus. However, I LOVED Tullus Aufidius. Go figure.

Suzie

It would be easier to tell my least favorite movie and character. I love all of Gerry's roles - my very favorite would be POTO and The Stranger (from Dear Frankie)......

I just love Gerry..........and that's the truth. And I love this opportunity to gush with the other Gals........ain't he jest the purtiest thang! :wowza:

Bonnie

:phantom2: The Phantom will always be No.1 for me...then :attila: Attila...but for Action movies...all his characters shine equally...he looks so hot in army fatigues.... ;)

Edited by may

I have seen all of Gerry's movies and TV series.

I love all of them and all of his characters.

I have to say POTO and Erik are my favorite because it was my intro to Gerry. But, all of his

characters have been great and his performance just gets better and better, but I still think no one could ever put more soul into a character than he did into the Phantom.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Okay, so I had a whole long post with all the characters of his I'd loved through the years without quite having the Gerry Obsession kick in, since I have liked him for years in various parts.

But I'm deleting it because the obsession really started with Creedy just not so long ago.

So he's gotta be number one.

But here's the original post anyway, cuz it still holds true.

Impossible question to answer. Am partial to Marek only because he was my 'first' and, well, you know, the first is always something special, right?

I can rewatch all of them over and over but for different reasons, you know? Some, I am not crazy about the movie but love his character. That includes "Timeline" (I loved the book before the movie came out, and when the movie felt more like a TV movie than what could've been done with that book, well, that annoyed me. And they had to change Claire from the book's characterization because, well, in the book she was kind of hard to empathize with but you could still see how Marek would fall hard for her. But I still adore the movie Marek, despite the movie surrounding him.)

"Gamer" is a particularly good example of that - Kable/Tillman is one of my favorite of his characters, there's something so hearttwistingly broken about him that he conveys so beautifully (I got so angry at how reviews of that movie make him out to be like a 'side of beef' who just has to go shooting and jumping and fighting for the role, when his eyes are so haunted and full of heartbreak throughout - and the quality of his line delivery, this stoic-strong-silent manner he had, reminded me of this kind of Native American characterization you see sometimes, I don't know how to describe it beyond that, but it was just perfect for Tillman - but anyway, I'll stop ranting now). But at the same time, that movie annoyed me in some ways (overload on shaky-camera headache-inducing shots) and pissed me off in others (overload on the gratuitous tits/arse shots). So I am annoyed by the film itself, but am deeply moved by John Tillman. So he's a number one.

Gerry Kennedy is a favorite, too. Almost too perfect a man, you know? Perfection has to be number one, too.

The Stranger from "Dear Frankie" is up there tied for number one, too. There needs to be way more fanfiction for that story. I need help getting to the next time they're together. Anyone know of any? :)

Edited by saga

Favorite Gerry movie (or possibly even my favorite movie - period) is Dear Frankie - it is one of the most poignant, moving, beautiful small films ever. Phantom is a close second but for the exact opposite reasons - it is so lush and extravagant and over-the-top, it is the polar opposite of Dear Frankie and yet I love them both.

Favorite Gerry character takes me a little longer to decide because I like different things about different characters. I'm so partial to his natural accent that it has to be one of the characters where he was allowed to use it. I have had to rewrite this a couple of times because I keep fluctuating between Alex Rover, Andre Marek and The Stranger but I think I have to give the edge to The Stranger. I love his transformation from gruff to caring and being able to use my own imagination to create a backstory and a future for him. Alex and Andre are more like fantasy heroes, too good to be true, whereas The Stranger seems like a real guy you might meet, and in my imagined future he ends up with Lizzy and Frankie. In my imagined backstory he might just be Terry Sheridan, who "died" in the cradle of life and therefore did not actually die and instead became this elusive guy who eventually ended up in Greenock to play "Daddy" for a day.

So I guess it turns out my favorite character is in my favorite movie.

Can NOT pick just one. Favorite movies are HTTYD (aural sex), MGP, RNR, 300. (TUT would be up there, too, had the ending not gone so corny...)

Favorite characters: Terry, One-Two and "evolved" Sam Childers :-)