• Harry Potter
    • The Lord of the Rings
    • others
    • i come on here to read

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m gonna have to go with something other the the options given...I`m a huge Anne Rice fan, and I`ve read all of the Vampire Chronicles and to me, they are the most wonderful series. She always seems to create this lush, amazing world and really takes you places.

I`m not really much for Harry Potter anymore.

I chose other. I love a man in a kilt :mrkilty:

:meninkilts:

and Karen Marie Moning has quite the hunky ones in her Highlander Series.

Oh to go to Highlander heaven... :inlove:

Can I change mine? I'm reallly fickle...I've just started reading the Outlander series and I am totally hooked.

OK, so that makes Moning's Highlander series, In Death series by JD Robb, and now Outlander! Too many books, so little time.

:confused::pointy: :yippee:

Out of the choices I'd definatly have to say Harry Potter series. I read Lord of the Rings and after reading over 1000 pages to find out what happens to the ring and just to read one line that said "and the ring was gone"

But for one not listed so far I love the Inheritance Trilogy. (Eragon and Eldest waiting on the third)

I am addicted to Jamie and Claire.

The Outlander Series will always have

my heart.

However, I just recently started reading

the Highlander Series. OMG!! I now have

a second series that I am just as crazy about

Anything to do with Hot Scots!! :heat: :tasty:

Debbie

Please tell me SOMEONE beside myself read Christine Faheen's "Dark" Series...They are Truly Sensuous, exciting, and Romantic...Can't get enough!..They are about Vampire Hunters and their "lifemates".. If you like the Paranormal..Hot romance and Men on the verge of becoming what they fight ...READ This Series

Thanks Rose and Micky (welcome to Gals by the way)! I've not read Howell or Faheen's works. Until the Highlander series, I would not have though myself to be one interested in reading "paranormal" fiction. OH, but that's all changed, "noo." Off to Amazon...

Oh God!

Men in kilts, timetravelers....Looking for Love and Passion

I'm already hooked...!!

Trust me on the Dark Series though.... :wideeyes: These men are Not hindered by Mortal body limitation's!!

Good Morning Everyone! I do apologize..It's Christine Feehan

It helps if you read them in order but it's not neccessary depends on how hooked you get

Dark Prince

Dark Desire

Dark Gold

Dark Magic

Dark Challenge

Dark Fire

Dark Dream

Dark Legend

Dark Guardian

Dark Melody

Dark Hunger /Hot Blooded..

Dark Secret

You will find the Plot pretty much begins the same..the reluctant "Lifemate" etc..etc..BUT..the getting there is Hot.. Exciting and fun!

:inlove: My absolute favorite is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series. The story of Claire and Jamie Fraser stays with you long after you put the book down. And now I can't picture Jamie Fraser without seeing Gerry's face. They have been talking for years about a movie, and I cannot see casting anyone else but Gerry. He would be wonderful! :inlove: :mrkilty:

The Highlander series is also a favorite, but is second to Outlander. If you haven't read it yet, try it - you might like it!!!

:scotland:

Sue in Sunset Hills, MO

:bonnie: I read one of the Highlander books, I bought it at a second hand shop, and loved it! It had a big family tree in the beginning of it, and it was so sexy and good. Makes a girl want to go to Scotland for some (if you know what i mean) :behave: . Anyway, when I was a teen, i loved the series by V.C Andrews, "Flowers in the Attic" I read all her books, and loved every one. Too bad she is gone now and can't write any more. :bow2:

I've read most of Outlander (very good). LOTR & Harry Potter are fabulous, too. But, I have to cast my vote for Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. Especially the first 5 or 6 books. After Memnoch the Devil, the books get kind of dumb, but I still have to read them. Lestat is my favorite literary character of all time.

However, I really don't like Anne Rice's new direction in writing at all. I seriously doubt she'll do another vampire story.

I'm sure her newly found Christianity hampers her ability to write sexually-charged Vampire books ... That's not to say that good Christians don't enjoy reading the genre ... but I can understand how someone recently "born again" (for lack of a better term) would have trouble continuing such a line of writing...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I intend to read the Outlander books at some point, just haven't gotten around to it. ::D: I keep spending all my free time online! lol

You MUST read the books, and THEN you can spend even MORE time online chatting about Jamie Fraser. :inlove:

Karen Marie Moning's books are also fantastic. They aren't as exhausting as Diana's Outlander series, but are definitely a keeper. If Karen's books were included in the poll, my vote would be undecided. :confused:Outlander and the Highlander series are equally wonderful in my opinion. I can't get enough of either.

• 3 weeks later...
I love the Outlander series, and I have all of Karen Marie Moning's books but haven't started them yet. However I had to vote "other" because my favorite book series is Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. They are the funniest books I've ever read.

I personally am into the KMM series, but also recently have gotten into teh Carpathian Novels by Christine Feehan. (Dark Series) and have also found a new love of JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series...i.e. Lover Awakened, Dark Lover etc. The last two are paranormal series dealing with Vampires. JR's really hold your attention and have great sexual build up and scenes that border on erotica.

I am patiently waiting for Moning's new release next week, so it will be interesting to read the first in that new series.

Paulette