Gerard Butler GALS

I just had trouble getting on the forum. I kept getting the log in or register because it showed me as a guest. I shut down my computer and tried again, but got the same thing. So I went to My Controls and got on that way. I did try to log in, but I guess I have forgotten my log in information, because it did not recognize my info.

Dee

Clarification: I could get to the forum, but at the top, it showed me as a guest.

Edited by Dee*s 2nd Childhood

I'm really not sure what to do... i can send this to our forum providers to see if they have an advice but i've never had this type of trouble. I tend to log out whenver I'm done here (i never keep myself logged in) and then just log in when I can spend some time on here or have something to post.

Question though... do you have the site bookmarked? If so, that might be your trouble, your bookmark might be old. Always start from http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php and then use the links on the forum to navigate through it, instead of bookmarks you may have. That's the only thing I can think of that might cause issues.

i'm sorry you're having difficulties but if i can't replicate it, it's hard to see what the problem is to solve. I'll do my best ::D:

Hugs,

Stef

Hi! Dee! ::D:

I was just wondering if you use the option to keep yourself logged in?

Pm'ing Stef right now.

I was not aware of this option. Where is it?

Dee

Dee,

The option "Remeber Me" is on the log in screen a little bit on the right.

Click in the little square white box.

Posted Image

Let us know if this helps.

Hugs,

zany

Even with 'remember me', any time I navigate away from forum

say to 'Vote',

go to Boutique, or click on a link in a post,

when I go back to Forum (using the link on the page I'm currently on), I have to log in again.

Using the 'back page' button works, but is unwieldy, depending on what other windows/tabs

are open.

I first noticed this on 9/9. It drives me crazy when I'm trying to post updates :bonk: as I usually

need to go to News, Gallery, Multimedia and Forum for references and then back to Forum window in which I am composing the update.

I now keep two GALS bookmarks...one for home page so GALS gets a 'hit'

and one for Forum so I don't have to sign in everytime I navagate away from there.

You noticed this starting on 9/9? So this wasn't right after I re-designed the site? Was it doing it then? I'm just trying to nail down some kind of root cause. I haven't touched anything really related to the design of the site since I re-designed it and I thought that was was caused your problems somehow...

You noticed this starting on 9/9? So this wasn't right after I re-designed the site? Was it doing it then? I'm just trying to nail down some kind of root cause. I haven't touched anything really related to the design of the site since I re-designed it and I thought that was was caused your problems somehow...

It worked fine, even after the re-design, up until this past weekend.

It's still as I described above (I just did a little 'test'...and it's on both ie and firefox). My cache/cookies have been cleared.

Ok, i made an edit to the forum link on the website here:

Posted Image

It was sending you to http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums instead of the correct link of http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php - which keeps you logged in. Let me know how this works while you navigate.

I do remember having to reload the code on 9/9 - so that might have been why it's glitchy

I now keep two GALS bookmarks...one for home page so GALS gets a 'hit'

Hi! Barb!

Can you explain "hit" to me please.

I have the forum as my home page.

Am I missing something important to GALS? :confused:

No you're not missing anything important Zanes. On other sites, the hit counter is on the main page of the site and i believe they asked members to always use that page as their "starting page" when they come onto the site so that their "hit" is counted. We don't have a hit counter like the other sites do - it's just not something that i've ever gotten around to and it's not absolutely a necessary thing - i can see our stats behind the scenes if i was curious about our hits and visitor amounts.