Gerard Butler GALS

P.S. I Love you

gerrynutsnap

Well It's 10:10pm on Monday the 9th of Oct 2006 and Guess what I did today????

I was an extra in P.S. I Love you with Gerry :yippee:

I know I kept it quiet but my reason was I didn't want it getting out and being public in case it all fell through.

*Please note I didn't get any one on one Gerry time or interaction or photos for that matter*

So I started my day at base camp in the Tivoli theatre in Francis St at 7.15 am, had some brekkie and coffee then signed in, done wardrobe etc.

We left the Tivoli to head to the set which was Whelans pub in Wexford st. I got off the bus and headed for the pub. Whelans was completely blacked out and you couldn't see a thing, nobody was allowed in or out, the extra co-ordinators herded us (150 extra) to the pub beside Whelans which was the village.

We were seperated into groups according to our start time I was in group C so of course group A & B went ahead of us. I was waiting around for about 2 hrs "educating" all the ignorant people who hadn't a clue who Gerry was, which was alot, they called for 25 more people so I went along but they had to many so I had to go back :tantrum: I just wanted to see what was going on and who was there.

Just as I entered the village again Rory the extra guy called for 8 more peeps. I grabbed Trish(girl I was chatting with) and we headed of. We entered into the side of whelans, picture this a hallway with a bar to the left which then drops by a few stairs opening into a larger room with a stage at the bottom of it. I was right at the back in the hallway THEN this woman tagged me and trish and a few others to move forward so now I'm standing on the left of the stage at the front behind a table and chairs.

Rehearsel begins with the stand-ins so they run through the scene which is Gerry is singing on stage with his band he sees Holly at the bar jumps from the stage and walks over to her they say a few lines then he "walks" her around the tables to kinda trap her and then kisses her

So at this point I realise that yep this is gonna be our Ger Bear doing this :pointy: I look straight across from me and who do I see only Gerry heading over towards my side of the room behind me is a toilet which he heads too he uses the toilet so I'm thinking I'll just stop him and say Hi etc but that didn't happen a girl went to use the toilet and got in my way so I couldn't get him.

How did he look??? HOTT :heat: think Vegas with longer hair no scruff clean shaven. For me the whole thing was very Vegas as he was so near and still so far away. He was wearing Blue jeans(no holes and according to Gerry very tight he was wiggling on stage in them)and a brown belt and black boots (I think) and a kinda blue pasley shirt, he had his Gerry links bracelet and the non coloured beads on plus a black cuff style watch. He didn't have a necklace on and between me and you girls white undies :rotflmao:

Ok so he gets on stage and is strumming away on the guitar the song they were singing is called "Galway Girl" and it was actually quite catchy. We had to basically just be really into it and dance abit and whoop and sing along, as they were supposed to be a local band and this was the song we were waiting for.

Yes I heard Gerry sing live(well to a backing track) Yes I heard him play guitar. He got on stage and immediately droped the F bomb made us all laugh. He addressed the audience some of the time between takes and others he was chatting to the band. He started to strum the guitar and said This is a song about my dog shes a pug and her name is Lolita she's in L.A. and she misses me, so everyone went AHHHHHHH.

I did get to see a live Gerry snog :kiss: it was fantastic except he did have his back to me so I could only get glimpses from the side but it looked good. Very considerate guy he is he took some breath drops before the kissing scene(cause he just had a smoke) now according to jeff D Morgan your only supposed to take a drop or two of this stuff, Gerry practically inhaled it then turned around and started making these choking faces(think too much hot sauce face) it was hilarious cause I was to his left I had a great view, Minty fresh in the end. :rotflmao:

One take Gerry was singing and walking Holly around the tables the music cut out so he starts singing "someone put the fooking music on" where has the Fooking music gone" to the tune of the song, it turns out the director yelled cut ages ago but he never heard it and kept going again funny :laugh4:

My big thing was I got to see him work and it was wonderfull, I caught his eye a few times but nothing to say OMG he was staring at me just when he was singing and I was singing along he'd glance around etc.

I wasn't called back for tomorrow as I may be on camera in this scene and tomorrows work is supposed to be 10 yrs later. I don't mind cause I doubt Gerry will be there tomorrow at that shoot cause his bit is done(I think)

I got to see him leave but he was flanked so I couldn't say anything I was too far away. The only times I saw Gerry were on set he wasn't where the extras were or anything very different to the last film I was on where the stars were mingling. He didn't know he had a major fan in the audience and who knows if it would have made a difference. I gratefull for my experience and it was fantastic.

For the moment this is all I can remember I'll add to it if I think of anything.

BTW it was all American accents I'm not sure if Gerry keeps his scottish accent cause he only had a few lines in that particular scene and the singing which you can't tell from

celine :kiss:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was a great story. You must have had so much fun being there. Thank you for sharing the story.

So it was his voice on the backtrack he was singing too? That is too bad he doesn't have Lolita with him. I bet he misses her a lot.

*sighing VERY heavily right now*

You LUCKY LUCKY girl!!!!

Thanks for the recap of everything and what's to come. I'm so excited that Gerry will be singing in the film!!! You got to hear him sing live and watch a snog!? They would have had to call the paramedics for me!

AWESOME is not the word and I think it's Gerry singing on the backing track they never said it just sounded so like him and I guess cause he was singing too I may have just been hearing him :laugh4: . I could be wrong but I'm not sure.

the whole singing thing will be about 2 mins if even in the flick so unless theres more singing which wasn't filmed today than that's about it i'd say.

gerrynutsnap

OMG you lucky lady! What an amazing story - has it really hit you yet? How on earth did you keep it a secret for so long?????? You must have been dying to spill the beans.. I am so happy that you got the chance to witness the man working.

Hope to see you in the movie along with LadyJ. :claphands::claphands:

One... two... three... awwwww......

Celine, thank you so much for sharing your story! I didn't know you got selected as an extra, you sly gal! But I am so happy for you that you got to see him, even as he was on route to the loo. :lol:

So Lolita is in LA? How cute of him to sing a song dedicated to her. Ah, I can't wait to hear it.

Thanks for sharing your unforgettable experience with us!

Irene

Edited by Lady Trueword

Hey Butlerzoned

No It hasn't hit me yet! I just got a wave of tiredness now though :lol:

I only found out about it for sure on Friday so it was only over the weekend. I was terrified cause I hurt my back I wouldn't be able to do it but luckily my back was much better.

I really hope ladyJ get a good part with the G-man it's an experience to say the least

hugs

Edit : Thanks Pilar

Hey Lady t I know I'm sorry I was naughty!! His dedication to Lolita won't be on cam cause he was just vibing to the crowd before the take but at least you'll know it was to her lol

Edited by gerrynutsnap

Celine,

Thanks so much for sharing your great experience with us . We were all right there with you in spirit. How awesome to see a scene in action with our guy! Good for you! I'm so glad he is singing again!

Sally

Celene,

OMG!!!!!! :tasty: What a wonderful experiance. How very lucky you were to see our

boy :whome2: in action. Thanks for the great decription of Gerry...you know we are "all

about the details". The details drive us crazy. :heat: Glad you had a great time

and I look forward to seeing you in the movie next year...hehehe. :claphands:

:butterfly: Pop

Ok My final post I think :lol:

The song Gerry was singing is on My Myspace profile www.myspace.com/celine_mcg

and the words are as follows

Artist/Band: Earle Steve

Lyrics for Song: The Galway Girl

Lyrics for Album: Transcendental Blues

Well, I took a stroll on the old long walk

Of a day -I-ay-I-ay

I met a little girl and we stopped to talk

Of a fine soft day -I-ay-I-ay

And I ask you, friend, what's a fella to do

'Cause her hair was black and her eyes were blue

And I knew right then I'd be takin' a whirl

'Round the Salthill Prom with a Galway girl

We were halfway there when the rain came down

Of a day -I-ay-I-ay

And she asked me up to her flat downtown

Of a fine soft day -I-ay-I-ay

And I ask you, friend, what's a fella to do

'Cause her hair was black and her eyes were blue

So I took her hand and I gave her a twirl

And I lost my heart to a Galway girl

When I woke up I was all alone

With a broken heart and a ticket home

And I ask you now, tell me what would you do

If her hair was black and her eyes were blue

I've traveled around I've been all over this world

Boys I ain't never seen nothin' like a Galway girl

Hey Celine,

How exciting for you to participate in one of Gerry's Movies and to actually see him in action working on the set. I bet it still feels like a dream to you. Wow, just think your in a movie with Gerry. You are one lucky, lady. My hat off to you. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Oban Maiden/Alexis

Celine!!!! So fooking cool - thank you so much for sharing this with us! i'm so very excited and happy for you, and am proud of you too, hehehe for being so strong in keeping the lust for the Gerry Juice inside, hehehe What a wonderful story, you've made my whole night.

Hugs & Kisses

:kiss: Stef

OMG Celine!! I am so excited for you! You are sooooo lucky! Thank you for sharing the story with us, it meant a lot! And I will definitely be watching for you in the pub scene!

Now I'm all excited to hear Gerry sing again! *sigh* :headspin: :wub:

How lovely Celine... you got to watch our man at work! THAT is a treat!

I am so proud of you for being considerate of Gerry's feelings and work environment. It really illustrates your respect for him, and I hope he does get word of the fan who was educating other cast members about who he is.

What a great experience for you... I know you will treasure it always!

Swan

Wow again I said it before how lucky can one get. I bet you were in Heaven. Please be sure and let us know who and what you are doing and how you are dressed so we can recognize you. I bet it was so so so so so awesome being near him just being near him. :heat:

Celine,

I am so happy for you! How incredible to see him in action, sing and kiss! Thud! He is so charming and funny. I bet it would have made a difference if he knew you were a fan and he would have acknowledged you in some way. That is so cute how he talked about his Lolita, too!!

My kids have done some backround work lately on some TV shows and it was fun hearing about base camp and how the system worked there. It's all the same. My kids didn't interact at all with the principals either.

Do you work as backround often?

Thanks so much for sharing!

WendyKate

Celine,

Thank you for sharing your fascinating story with us. What a thrill to be a part of PSILY and to see from the inside how a movie is shot. I am always very interested in behind the scenes stories and yours is so good. Thanks again.