Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #9

Miklyn

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miklyn - I got a package today and, this is one happy GAL right here! :baby: YESSSSSS!

Okay, that happy moment over ... did you see where Gerry's CF appearance has been changed to March 9th? :tantrum: Might have to miss seeing it "live" at 12:05 AM 'cause we'll be at IMAX ! :crybaby:

Lola

Heya, Linda!!!!!

Edited by LittleLips

I just got home from my party in Chicago. The roads are a mess. I hope everyone is home safe and sound. Probably in bed.

They were a bunch of fun ladies, but not like mine from last Saturday. About 11 showed up. It was worth me going out there. Still no one has been able to sign my case. A little disappointed but that is ok.

I am going to jump in the shower and then veg out for a little bit

Good Morning Ladies

I realized I lurked and didn't post yesterday. I haven't seen Paul since Friday morning, so I have been double busy with the kids. So, by the time they're in bed, I'm wiped out. He's coming home today though. I talked to him last night and he said that in all of his 12 years working there, last night was the worst he had ever seen it for stranded passengers. No hotels, they ran out of cots, and there was a line of people 4 gates long trying to get help. A lot of people aren't getting out until Monday. He said that he felt so bad for the people traveling (and stranded) with small children. He went onto some of the empty airplanes and grabbed food and bottles of water to hand out to those with little ones. No other agents were doing that. I told him he needs to be sainted!

Swetster - No, after I sent out that email I got some responses. But, when I told Paul that he had a change of heart. And I thought I was fickle! If it ever comes down to it, my close friend would take him. And she's going to watch him whenever we go on vacation.

Lola - I thought the same thing about CF! Thank goodness for VCRs!

Miklyn - SO glad to hear the party went well last night. I thought of you having to drive in that nasty weather. I watched Stefan for Lynn last night because she had a show in Villa Park and then a show downtown. I was worried about her, too.

Anyways, I'll be lurking around! :D

Good Morning,

By the time I got out of the party the side streets were not great and I almost got stuck in my parking spot but once I got on the main roads and expressways they were not that bad. I honestly didn't expect that many girls to show up because of the weather so I was pleasantly surprised.

I think I am going to run by the library today and get copies of some tax paper, see what audio books they have and also what other celtic music they have. I have really gotten into listening to my lifescapes Scottish Moors Cd at work and want to get some variety.

Other than that I think I am going to take a quick view at taxes today and get an idea of how good or bad they are going to be.

:happybirthday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON :happybirthday:

Oh Trixie it looks like we are no longer getting the peppermint **** and I know Paul thought they were funny so if he wants my sample set let me know. So did he take the gummies to work?

:pucker:

.......says Gerry, to Shannon......I've got a Birthday kiss fer ya!!!!!

:happybirthday:HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!!!! :happybirthday:

I hope your day is filled with happiness!!!!

Miklyn I'm glad your party was a success last night. It makes it worth the travel in the crappy weather.

Trix I can't even begin to imagine what Paul went through the last day or so with all the stranded passengers at O'hare. You should be very proud of him for being so vigillant with the people who were stuck because of the weather.

The airline should give him something for keeping the calm in spite of the storm.

Tell Paul.......... :yourock::bow2:

:hello: to everyone else out there in Gerryland

....and only 12 more days until 300!!!!

:bouncydrool3:

:lookin:

Hidy Ho Midwest Lasses! I hope the weekend was good all around.

I caught Reign of Fire on TBS yesterday. Nice little surprise while folding laundry. Not enough GB! It was followed by a Vin Diesel chaser which was also some good eye candy, with the volume on mute and some good music on instead. Does anyone else ever do that?

Ok, so did all the GMCL's go into hibernation until March 9th? Where is everyone? :confused: I spent the weekend battling the stomach flu, so I didn't feel up to posting myself, but I feel better now. ;)

Who watched the Oscars? I did and it was an ok show. I guess I wasn't into it because I had not seen most of the movies up for nomination. It was nice to see Hugh Jackman as a presenter. I couldn't help but think that maybe next year Gerry will be a presenter and/or, dare I say it...up for nomination! You never know!!! :claphands:

We are down to 2 weeks and counting to see 300 on March 9th! :woo: The tickets for our IMAX show on March 9th are now closed. Payment has been made. Thank goodness we were able to get these tickets in advance. The person in ticket sales told me every show is selling out! :scared:

Things are going to start getting busy for me again. I have been made the head of hair & makeup committee and on the costume & prop committee for the school play! Meetings start this week. At least I know I won't have the 'director from hell' like I had on the last play. :duck:

Well I am off to work today! I hope when I come back on later that I see some of you have come out of your cave to post! :p Spring AND 300 is almost here!!! :yippee:

Edited by Scorpio613

Good Morning

I'm here Pat! I've just been lurking around.

I dropped Caffrey off at Jenny's house last night because we're leaving for Chattanooga today. We're just going overnight, but we're staying at the Choo Choo, so it should be fun. Although, the afternoon flight we wanted to catch got full overnight, so now we're not leaving until tonight. We'll be getting into Chattanooga at 10:00 tonight. Bleck!

And....today is the day I'm attempting to quit smoking again. I have my Nicorette gum and am ready to go. I haven't had a cig in almost 12 hours and have yet to take the gum (although I know I will eventually). I'm really hoping I can pull through this time, I don't want to smoke anymore.

Pat - I cannot believe the shows are selling out already! Looks like we may have to get to Navy Pier a tad early just so we can get seats together. I'm so glad you were able to get the tickets early, thanks for doing that. :)

Anyways, I'm lurking around!

hey ladies-

sorry I have been MIA the last few days. I hope all is well.

Trixie- YOU CAN DO IT GIRL. PUT DOWN THAT CIGGY. :claphands:

I miss everyone. I can't wait to see you all in INDY

Trixie...Have fun ridin' on the Chattanooga Choo Choo!!! Toot Toot!! :D

Good Luck on putting those ciggys away for good! Stay focused, don't give in, find something else to keep your mouth occupied :cunning: (other than food) and hang in there. I know you can do it! :woo:

Afternoon to everyone!

Terra, I'm looking forward to finally meeting you in Indy! Especially since we haven't had a lot of time to chat here.

Trixie, hope you have fun on your trip! And giving up the smoking? You can do it!! :fans:

I'm so jealous of all of you that get to see 300 at IMAX. There isn't one by me at all so I'm probably going to have to miss seeing it on the BIG screen. :tantrum:

Sorry I've been MIA, Pat. No good excuses just been feeling lazy. And now I'm getting sick. Which I'd rather have happen now and not later when I'm in Indy. But it still sucks...I was getting hot and cold all day. My body is aching all over, my hands even hurt this morning. :confused: I have never had that happen before. I'm thinking I'm going to lie down for awhile and see if that helps.

RayOfSunshine: I have totally put the mute on a movie and listened to music instead. Especially on movies I've seen several times. :D

Hello to everyone else out there!

Miklyn, where you hiding out at?

Talk to everyone later!

Stacie

Stacie...I am sorry to hear you are feeling bad. :comfort: But like you said, better now than during Indy. For body aches, take some Motrin, soak in a hot bath, drink hot tea and go to bed. That usually works for me! Hope you feel better soon.

Miklyn...I forgot to tell you I received my package! :thankyou:

Hi ya'll

I have not vanished. I had the party Saturday night and then cleaned on Sunday. Yesterday after working 11 hours I came home and organized all my party forms from my parties this month then vegged out on the couch.

I made my final payments for Indy and Vegas. I can't wait.

I am working on the goodie bags for next weekend so I'm lurking around

Hi all

I don't post much. I love to lurk. :) Just wanted to say how much I'm looking forward to seeing 300 in Chicago!! I've already warned my husband that I'm bring King Leonidas with me and he's going to sit on the table during dinner and watch the film from the comfort of my handbag. Right now he's enjoying the comfort of my side of the headboard to my bed. LOL

Now, let me tell you.... the Hubster is ready to lock me up and throw away the key. hehe I've also been keeping myself busy watching the "Making of 300" DVD. I'll have that baby memorized by March 9th!!

Later!

G

:wave: Glenna! Nice to see you on here! I totally understand having your King Leo doll by your side. I have Phantom pictures all over my house, so my hubby has to look at those every day! :D I hope the weather is good for traveling for you next week! See you soon!

I have been enjoying some Gerry movie viewing in the last 24 hours. I watched POTO last night before bed and watched DF this morning! A good way to end and start the day for me! :inlove:

Well, I'm off to lunch mom duty, workout, then, ugh...cleaning and laundry! :(

Later!

Hi ladies, everyone must be resting up for next weekend.

Thank you for getting back to me Glenna, late yesterday afternoon I saw the thread about the 300 dvd so as you can imagine I was at best buy last night. I got the dvd and watched. It is really cool especially since I am dial up and didn't get to see all the journals.

Not much going on here, no surprise parties this weekend but that is good because I am working on the goodie bag for next weekend.

I'll be on later, have to head to work.

Miklyn

Good Morning ladies

I'm back from Chattanooga! We got in last night (thank goodness before all the nasty weather hit). We had a great time and I think AJ thought he had died and went to train heaven! It was 70 degrees there and so beautiful.

I'm on day 3 of no smoking. ARGH!!!!! I did have one last night when I went to pick up Caffrey at Jenny's house, but that's all I have had. To be honest, I'm proud of myself because I have usually broken down and bought a pack by now. It's still VERY tempting, but I'm trying my hardest not to.

Anyways, I'm lurking around! :)

Tell me about it! I can actually smell things without a struggle! Even my voice is less raspy! WHen I think about things like this it makes me turn away from buying a pack. I feel pretty dang good (for now at least.....until my next nic-fit kicks in! :D )

oh god oh god oh god oh god ...i wish some of you were on right now, I need a bonfire tonight. Good lord. I picked up the men's health mag. I know I am like two weeks too late, but JESUS. Sorry. Oh goodness. He is too hot. I am on fire. The worst part is I am at work. I can not share with anyone. I think I might :spontaneous:

oooooooooo...I need a bonfire tonight.

miss you all.

all I can say is oh my god...you should have seen me I picked up in the store and I walked around for a couple of minutes, just holding it, with this stupid grin on my face...in the article the author describes Gerry as " testosterone incarnate with a steely gaze" (I just melted) then gerry says he felt like a lion while filiming... good lord. :heat: