Gerard Butler GALS

WBZ-AM Boston Radio Fourth Interview with Gerry

He said "took the biscuit"! Does that mean the same thing as "took the cake"? That's so adorable!

I noticed that too. I had to laugh. So cute. :funnyabove:

Yes, and I also thought he said "chook" for stupid but I was informed by someone who knows better that he said "tube". Love the local sayings don't you?

Robyne

I'm impressed that they took the time to explain why the interview went in the sequence that it did! It's not like they had to you know? I am really surprised but excited at the same time because people really do know we're here and how much we back Gerry in his career! Kudos to Carolyn and of course to WBZ newsradio. I said before she was one of the best interviewers I've ever seen. Not only did she know Gerrys backround but she also knew what questions would really get him talking and those of us who know Gerry and love him for it, when he's passionate about something he will surely let you know! Besides, who wouldn't want to just sit back and listen to that voice and Scottish brogue anyway? :stars:

:wave: Fran

Yes, and I also thought he said "chook" for stupid but I was informed by someone who knows better that he said "tube". Love the local sayings don't you?

Robyne

According to a website on Scottish slang that I found, it's actually "choob" as Barb mentioned in a post somewhere regarding this interview! Sorry, I feel like such a choob for not checking on exactly which post before I started this reply! :doh::kisswink:

(Edited to say that the choob reference is in post #3 of this topic thread.)

Also, HUGE :thankyou: to WBZ Radio and especially Carolyn Firestone and Ellen Sherman for their efforts and instincts regarding Gerry's interview. It's the best I have heard. The few times that Carolyn spoke, she was knowledgeable and familiar with Gerry and his career, which is so rewarding and satisfying after hearing interviewers who can't even get Gerry's NAME correct much less his career path!

And further thanks for recognizing GALS and even going so far as to address the question regarding the sequencing of the interview. :rose: Thank you Associate Producer for noticing! Here's a :rose: for you as well!

Katie Steuart

Hey DawnS! I was wondering the same thing about the interview--but then I thought maybe I didn't get the sequence right or something. So thanks for posting that question!

I'm impressed that Carolyn did such a wonderful job with the interview (the best!) and that she got back to us with an explanation! You Ladies are wonderful!

Debrasue :bow2::hearts:

Edited by Debrasue

LOVED IT! I love when he does these interviews! He's so down-to-earth and funny and passionate. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Sigh.................

My favorite was when he said,

"If you've seen my films..."

And she replies with,

"Oh...I have."

(or something along those lines)

That was great! :claphands:

Thanks for posting that letter, Stef! And thank you Carolyn for those AWESOME interviews! It's quite satisfying when someone interviews Gerry that actually has GerryJuice in their regular diet.... :claphands:

~Mel

• 1 month later...

The fourth installment of Gerard's interview with WBZ producer Carolyn Firestone

Over 7 minutes long...

on the main page of Women's Watch

choose the download button to hear it properly, and it will also download to your computer!

This is an excerpt from a long interview; it starts and ends rather abruptly, with no lead-in or closing remarks.

WBZ's Exclusive (Extended) Interview With Scottish Actor Gerard Butler

Part four: Gerard Butler talks about his role as King Leonidas in the Warner Bros. movie "300" opening in theaters March 9th.

the top left side of the page: WBZ's Exclusive (Extended) Interview With Scottish Actor Gerard Butler

if you can't download from the site (give Gerry's interview a 'hit'!!!)

then here is the direct link to the mp3 file

The fourth installment of Gerard's interview with WBZ producer Carolyn Firestone

Over 7 minutes long...

on the main page of Women's Watch

choose the download button to hear it properly, and it will also download to your computer!

This is an excerpt from a long interview; it starts and ends rather abruptly, with no lead-in or closing remarks.

WBZ's Exclusive (Extended) Interview With Scottish Actor Gerard Butler

Part four: Gerard Butler talks about his role as King Leonidas in the Warner Bros. movie "300" opening in theaters March 9th.

========================================================

Wow....just came across this today and sat here mesmerized listening to Gerry talk as if he were sitting right in this room. He's just so at ease in this interview, and as I listened, I had his latest pictures running on my screensaver, so that made it even better. He's such a treat to watch, listen to ,and drool over, and just :inlove: ..... Especially now that I've seen 300 several times. Some of those scenes were just SO jaw droppingly magnificent, as we got to see every muscle in his body ripple and move, :heat: especially in the fight scene where he is in the center of things, and of course, who could forget the moonlit and bedroom scenes. :tasty: OMG!! Oh to have been Lena Heady!!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing this with us!!!

Paige :wave:

:goodjob2: Just found this post. OK, I'm a little slow... Sitting here with my eyes closed, it was like he was sitting in the same room with me. It could have only been more perfect if he actually was here in person. :woah:

Thanks for the treat; made my day!!

• 1 month later...

PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T TAKE THESE INTERVIEWS OFF THE SITE YET!!!!!!

I lost the first interview and now that it is here again, I am going to have my daughter download it to my i-Pod she gave me. As well as my computer. I'm not sure how and I don't want to lose it again. :tantrum:

To tell the absolute truth, I almost cried when I lost the first interview. :tissues: I LOVE THAT AWESOME VOICE!!!!! It's what turned me on to Him in the first place. I knew He would change for the better and my kids have admitted I was right!!! Me, right!, HAH!! That was hard for my kids. But, it was very satisfying for me. Yay!!!! I'll 'note' my daughter and ask her to help me download it this weekend.

Thanks, Jo

• 6 months later...

Barb, thanks for the interview, every time he does an interview about one of his movies, he always sounds like it's the first time he is talking about, even though you know, he's answered the same questions over and over again

sunbeach

• 2 months later...

Hello Gals...

I 'm a new member, since this morning, and I'm trying to send a message to every Gals to explain what I'm looking for. Can you help me, please?

I'll do my best with my english and I hope I don't make too many faults but above all I hope I won't be messanderstood! Please, would you mind tell me when I'm wrong or when you don't understand me ?

First of all I want to thank all the Gals very ,very, very much for the wonderfull site about this so wonderfull man!

Maybe you can help me : since one year I'm looking for the "the fantome of the opera's sound track cd" just to ear again the particular and fantastic voice of "our" Gerry, of course with also the voice of the others actors whom interpretations are so beautifull, but I can't find it in France!!!! What a pitty!!!

The only website wich sales the cd I'm looking for is an english one, but I'm not able to buy it throuhg that site, it doesn't work, problemes 'bout browser and cookies I guess. Can you help me?

I thank you so much for you accpected answer and, please, if one of you is gona see Gerry soon just give him a warm kiss from France (Where we don't have NO news 'bout him!!)

Kind regars

Margherì

• 1 year later...

Since the 'download' part of that link no longer works, does anyone have a copy of their downloaded audio that they could send me? I'm only a few years late, but this is a nice interview I'd like to add to my collection.

Thanks for any help you can give this newbie!

• 3 weeks later...